Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 A24 pricing

AlexWakes44

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to the surfing world. It loved my early experience enough to want to jump in and buy a boat.  I’m near a lot of inland lakes and so it’s all fresh water surfing.   I’m not sure if/how to negotiate prices on a new boat.  I’m trying to decide between a used 2019 T23 vs a new 2020 A24.

If the MSRP is 108+8k for trailer = 116,000, what’s a reasonable offer or discount for these things?  It has the high torque M5Di engine, Pw3, and sound and the usual features like swivel chair etc.    the dealer discount is only 7-8k so putting it around 98K before tax/freight/prep.  Is that reasonable?  Just trying not to get screwed.  

Being bold here... i think it would be a mistake to put an M5 in an A24...

i don’t care the elevation, the prop or how many times you wax the hull.  It’s a less than optimal combo and that me saying it nicely.

Keep shopping!!

• Like 3

Wait until the end of the year sales begin. I’ve read on here that 10-15% discount off MSRP is reasonable for Axis. Interested to hear actual responses from others. The MBUU financial statements say the A24 is one of their higher margin boats. Not the same margins as Malibu’s though. Try the SeeDealerCost.com site to look at what the dealers “may” pay.

I’ve researched this issue too much to the point where now I’m almost over it. Might not even get one or go used. TBD 

FYI a lot of folks don’t appreciate new guys coming here asking for what the old dogs with long-term relationships pay. 

That said, bring ‘em on!