Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Sunsetter VLX Boat Cover

Swanny111989

I bought a 2001 Sunsetter VLX earlier this year and I'm trying to find a boat cover. I can't seem to find any that work with a tower. Fortunately I keep it stored in my garage, thank goodness for the swing away trailer tongue. I'd like to find one that works though because I'm about to tow it from Nevada to Texas for a move. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a place I can source this from?FENUXTo.jpg

Edited by Swanny111989
add picture

You likely cannot get a good cover done in time for your move, and I'd shrink wrap it anyway.  Evolution covers seem to be the gold standard, but you wait like  a year for one from Cory.  Commercial Sewing is another option (contact Paul at Bakes)

You'll be lucky to find one that will fit your boat and tower without taking it in for modifications for your tower.

Also I'm not sure if Evolution has a pattern for that old of a boat/tower.  Certainly worth asking if you go that route.

Your SV23 hull is the best selling and longest selling Malibu hull of all time.  I'm going to bet Evolution has a pattern.  Your problem is that aftermarket tower - you would need to provide some measurements for that I'm sure.  Further, lead time is forever.

Yours is the same exterior color scheme as mine.

20190518-121902-HDR.jpg

Interior is a bit different though:

20180819-164606-HDR.jpg