Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Audio system vs Stock

massew

few years ago.m, I was looking into the whole Exile audio package. How does it hold up compared to the factory package?

Is it worth skipping the sound packages of factory audio system for Axis 2020 boat?

thanks

Exile and wetsounds are both great options. The issue with the factory wetsounds options is the dsp amps and the conservative settings which you cannot adjust, and the crappy sub enclosure. The factory setup is ok, and axis stereo pricing isn’t as egregious as Malibu pricing so you may not get as much bang for your buck going stereo delete.  

7 hours ago, massew said:

few years ago.m, I was looking into the whole Exile audio package. How does it hold up compared to the factory package?

Is it worth skipping the sound packages of factory audio system for Axis 2020 boat?

thanks

Sound quality will be much higher with stereo delete. 

2 hours ago, massew said:

Wow thanks! If price options are the same , I guess Ill go with Exile. I can install myself. Any note on the mounting position? 

You’ll save $ with Exile too, especially if you buy everything during their 20% off sales that run around Black Friday and a couple times in the spring.

Theres a few install threads on here too, mostly done by IXFE on Malibus.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Just be aware, and I am not advocating to go stock, but the surfgate transfer horn comes through the factory speakers so you lose that if you bypass the factory screens completely.  

Thanks . Thats a major point. But I dont know exactly the importance of since im still on a 2012 boat with a wakeshaper. 

30 minutes ago, NWBU said:

You’ll save $ with Exile too, especially if you buy everything during their 20% off sales that run around Black Friday and a couple times in the spring.

Theres a few install threads on here too, mostly done by IXFE on Malibus.

Thats nice, I was wondering the options of investing now On my actual boat and keeping the whole system for the future new one

7 minutes ago, massew said:

Thanks . Thats a major point. But I dont know exactly the importance of since im still on a 2012 boat with a wakeshaper. 

For most, it isn’t a big consideration.  I just wanted to make sure you were informed.  And, I am assuming on Axis it is through the stereo like Malibu, but they may still have a separate horn on the rear since they run a different head unit.  I am not 100% sure.  

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Just be aware, and I am not advocating to go stock, but the surfgate transfer horn comes through the factory speakers so you lose that if you bypass the factory screens completely.  

I decided to just do Exile Towers on my last build, The Wet sound Cabins and Sub were fine for me, and the integration was just OK.  I have had the big stereos in past boats, I'm just not that motivated to start over again! Tower are simple! 

43 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I decided to just do Exile Towers on my last build, The Wet sound Cabins and Sub were fine for me, and the integration was just OK.  I have had the big stereos in past boats, I'm just not that motivated to start over again! Tower are simple! 

Do you have the hybrid tower systems? 

3 hours ago, massew said:

Thats nice, I was wondering the options of investing now On my actual boat and keeping the whole system for the future new one

A buddy has done that a couple times with Exile, just moving his system to his next boat.

I’ve got a similar setup Wakesetter67, where I order factory in boats and sub, then buy the towers and amp during one of Exile’s sales. Done that twice now and I’m going to do the same thing this fall.