Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Rev 10's Questions

Wakesetter67

Hey quick question? Are those of you truly satisfied with the Factory Rev 10's? I hear they are under Powered and could use an amp upgrade since the average Joe cant tune them. I have always left off the Factory tower options and have gone as far as stereo delete. I love the Exile options and have never been disappointed with any of their products. I'm just getting Lazy and was thinking of just doing the OEM towers and be done with it! My dealer takes good care of me so the price is not an issue! So my question is if they are under powered is it as easy as just adding the SYNDX 2.3 Amp Later without any major Re wiring etc, 

I am upgrading my amp this winter primarily for the wife. They honestly work fine for me, but happy wife... As I understand it, the swap is a simple amp for amp swap with the new interface cables and tuning the amp the complicated part. If you aren’t comfortable with the swap yourself I am sure the dealer would take care of it for you, for a modest fee. 😮

Edited by wdr
6 hours ago, wdr said:

I am upgrading my amp this winter primarily for the wife. They honestly work fine for me, but happy wife... As I understand it, the swap is a simple amp for amp swap with the new interface cables and tuning the amp the complicated part. If you aren’t comfortable with the swap yourself I am sure the dealer would take care of it for you, for a modest fee. 😮

So you have the Rev 10's? 

8 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Hey quick question? Are those of you truly satisfied with the Factory Rev 10's? I hear they are under Powered and could use an amp upgrade since the average Joe cant tune them. I have always left off the Factory tower options and have gone as far as stereo delete. I love the Exile options and have never been disappointed with any of their products. I'm just getting Lazy and was thinking of just doing the OEM towers and be done with it! My dealer takes good care of me so the price is not an issue! So my question is if they are under powered is it as easy as just adding the SYNDX 2.3 Amp Later without any major Re wiring etc, 

I’ve got 1 pair factory Rev10s with the OEM SYN-DX2 and it’s just “Ok”.  A new amp is on the list of upgrades, but low on the priority list.  I’ve heard many times that 1 pair of rev 10s is all you need, but the factory set up proves that statement wrong.  If you like to really hear the music while wakeboarding or surfing, you likely won’t be satisfied with the factory set up.  Unless things have changed for 2020 that is. 

• Like 1

My honest opinion is you probably aren’t going to be satisfied after having years of custom installed and tuned systems. The factory stereo is plenty loud for me, and a lot of people, but a custom system is going to be better. Maybe scale the system down and just do towers? 

• Like 3

I just did this amp swap after adding 2 pair of rev 10's.  Not a whole lot to it.  Power/negative cables are plug and play.  Need the DSP cable harness for the black box to amp connection.  Clip the speaker wire connector off, insert those wires in to the new amp.  I had to extend the speaker wires at the amp for a little slack in them.  Then tune the amp and done.  Took me about 30 minutes to do including clean up and putting my tools away. 

10 hours ago, Dock4 said:

I just did this amp swap after adding 2 pair of rev 10's.  Not a whole lot to it.  Power/negative cables are plug and play.  Need the DSP cable harness for the black box to amp connection.  Clip the speaker wire connector off, insert those wires in to the new amp.  I had to extend the speaker wires at the amp for a little slack in them.  Then tune the amp and done.  Took me about 30 minutes to do including clean up and putting my tools away. 

And the result??? Better louder? And where did you get the DSP cable?

Edited by Wakesetter67
11 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

And the result??? Better louder? And where did you get the DSP cable?

I was coming from a pair of icon 8's and factory amp.  So cant say how much louder my new set up is over the Rev 10/factory amp option.  However, they are LOUD.  I can't imagine needing anything more than this for my purposes.  The Rev 10's can definitely take more power, and I know some people run 2 amps to power 2 pair.

I got the amp dsp cables from a guy on the FB group who made them.  I think Exile sells them too, but they have been out of stock for a while. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, wdr said:

No engine noise at all, but I still have the crickets with the BT. I don’t have the full function with the 3.5 jack so we just deal with it.

I dont think I heard the Crickets, But a low buzzing noise on my 2018, Maybe I will upgrade to the Crickets....LOL

On 9/29/2019 at 11:47 AM, wdr said:

No engine noise at all, but I still have the crickets with the BT. I don’t have the full function with the 3.5 jack so we just deal with it.

My Dealer Has sent me this response last week with regards the crickets.

I have had word from Ron Adair at Malibu Boats that a fix has been worked through.

It’s not in production yet but it has been prototyped and will be production ready soon.

I will keep pushing for dates on this.

Full season without a repair . Great service 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, Dock4 said:

I was coming from a pair of icon 8's and factory amp.  So cant say how much louder my new set up is over the Rev 10/factory amp option.  However, they are LOUD.  I can't imagine needing anything more than this for my purposes.  The Rev 10's can definitely take more power, and I know some people run 2 amps to power 2 pair.

I got the amp dsp cables from a guy on the FB group who made them.  I think Exile sells them too, but they have been out of stock for a while. 

Who in the facebook group has the cables?