Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Integrated Tool Box Malibu Trailer

MalibUTE

Yea, the wrench fits in there.  I have only opened it once and can’t even recall what else is in there.  Cool little feature.  Worth it?  Like so many features, you could argue it either way.    I mean really, once you are fully loaded, why not check the box though?

10 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Look in the mirror.  :) Seriously, $500 US for a tool box??

We get it, you think new boats and the options on them are expensive. No need to blast every thread with the same statement. Also, that area is also typically not boxed in, so there is extra production and tooling costs, so yeah they are going to charge for it. If you don’t like it, don’t check the box.

• Like 2

When the MSRP of a toy is about the same as the median price of a house in White Lake MI, there's not much thinking needed:  that IS expensive.  $500 tool boxes on trailers...  yeesh. And if you don't like my posts in threads, ya don't have to  read them.

16 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

When the MSRP of a toy is about the same as the median price of a house in White Lake MI, there's not much thinking needed:  that IS expensive.  $500 tool boxes on trailers...  yeesh. And if you don't like my posts in threads, ya don't have to  read them.

Here’s the deal, moderators do read everything. Part making this site run as smooth as possible. Your post in this thread gave no value to the topic or the question the OP had. The median home value in the city I live in also has nothing to do with this topic. So please stay on topic and if you want to discuss pricing of boats to home prices in my home city please start a new thread. 

I doubt it would go under water unless you have to back your trailer in a lot deeper than I do, but I would also doubt that the lock would not be rusted up solid when the time came that you actually needed to use it.  Would be an item that you would need to add to your maint list to make sure it stayed lubricated and working.

50 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Does that box go under water during launch?

It would be underwater every time I launch/load my 25. However, we have a very steep ramp and I almost put the rear bumper of my 3500 dodge in the water every time as well. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MadMan said:

Does that box go under water during launch?

This is an excellent point! I like to float my boat onto trailer so this would be a hard no. It's not hard to keep a socket wrench in the car. 

https://www.amazon.com/WORKPRO-14-Inch-Universal-Folding-Wrench/dp/B01M1JQVB0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1CNYR51WCGEGD3TTQFTC

9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Here’s the deal, moderators do read everything. Part making this site run as smooth as possible. Your post in this thread gave no value to the topic or the question the OP had. The median home value in the city I live in also has nothing to do with this topic. So please stay on topic and if you want to discuss pricing of boats to home prices in my home city please start a new thread. 

Oh good grief.  Take a chill pill.  People express opinions all the time on this site.  This wake sucks; that one  is too rampy. Et cetera...