Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery

The Hulk

So the noticed larger cables are on batter 2, and village is on batter 1 with smaller power cables than batter 2.

I took bat 2 out it was dead, but when on batter 1 switch I get No voltage on dash unless move switch to combine 

If I switch to combine I get voltage reading on dash (without bat 2 in)

So am I correct dealer wired 1 / combined swithc backwards? Larger cables should be batter 1 and accessories and village are on backup 2? 

20190918_161033.jpg

20190918_161030.jpg

20190918_161059.jpg

15 minutes ago, MLA said:

With the Dual Circuit Plus switch and ACR, if you removed the house battery, then no, the helm will not have have voltage. 

So the house/combine switch wires are backwards at switch and what I was thinking was battery 2 removed is actually house correct ? This is what I was suspecting as issue

As in photo above with that battery removed and switch on bat1 or house there is no voltage at helm unless i change switch to combined then I get voltage even without that battery 

Had problems last yr dealer said they fixed more problems this year

Replaced both with charged batteries haven't heard my stereo sound so good in a long time!

31 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

So the house/combine switch wires are backwards at switch and what I was thinking was battery 2 removed is actually house correct ? This is what I was suspecting as issue

I do not think any wires are backwards. But to clarify, 

Just to clarify, or create more confusion, there really is not a batt-1 and batt-2 as it would be in a system with a 1/2/BOTH/OFF switch. With OFF/ON/COMBINE, you have a house and main cranking. Unless your system in not factory and someone paired up a traditional switch and the ACR. 

The only "issue" is see was self induced, by removing the house battery. 

No idea I was told it was wited wrong and supposedly fixed last yr at dealer although problems again this year 

So cranking is always separate than house ? I was thinking everything was on house unless u switched to reserve and or combine them both 

Edited by The Hulk
9 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

So cranking is always separate than house ?

Yes, unless the manual switch is moved to COMBINE

9 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I was thinking everything was on house unless u switched to reserve and or combine them both 

Not everything. Engine/craning is supplied by the main cranking battery and hose loads, those not needed to make the boat go, should draw off the house. 

The fact that dash does not power up with a dead or removed house battery, is completely expected. But that does not means theres a cause of the dead battery you removed.