Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are these called

moski

17 minutes ago, JeffK said:

My guess is that those were tower mounting feet at some point.  I'll bet there is a large bolt or bolts going through the deck.

I don't recall a tower that mounts quite that far forward.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I don't recall a tower that mounts quite that far forward.

True, but I can't think of anything else.  There were lots of aftermarket and home-built towers out there.  Maybe some strange bimini option?

@moski Is there a matching set on the other side?

Edited by JeffK
35 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Did you buy your boat from a promo guy?  Those looks like alignment markers to line the boat up with the slalom and jump courses.  Hopefully they're just glued down and not through-bolted.

Actually, your boat has gel cancer.  Those are gel carcinomas.  I'll take it off your hands for $25k and try to rehabilitate.  :)

:plus1:    alignment markers     If not the boat came from the Straits of Hormuz and thew are rocket launcher mounts.

😂.  Love the funny responses.  Yep got boat from promo guy.   For the slalom ski course to keep boat centered.  They work great- as your driving boat down course the right side of the boat guide balls visibly go thru them.  

I found them.  They are called bullseye boat sight.  —- I’ve considered taking them off.  Just curios if they would leave mark.  They look like they are just stuck in with adhesive.  I’ll call the inventor of them.  I go thru the course once in awhile.   Then again maybe I’ll just leave them on.  They do work great.  My wife said she does not use them when pulling me.  

Some videos on YouTube from the owner.  

I'd be surprised if they were stuck on with anything other than foam tape.  Your favorite solvent or Goo Gone will probably help.

Why was I thinking that an open forward seating area has to have a grab rail?  Maybe a USCG rule?  Interesting that your boat doesn't have one.  We always just use the posts of the rail for a guide in the course.

6 minutes ago, justgary said:

I'd be surprised if they were stuck on with anything other than foam tape.  Your favorite solvent or Goo Gone will probably help.

Why was I thinking that an open forward seating area has to have a grab rail?  Maybe a USCG rule?  Interesting that your boat doesn't have one.  We always just use the posts of the rail for a guide in the course.

Malibu stopped putting those on boats several years ago.  About all they're good for IMO is making wipe-down a bit trickier.

9 minutes ago, justgary said:

Havn't seen a grab rail on a boat since they stopped making the LXI.  No modern boat I can think of has one

1 minute ago, UWSkier said:

Malibu stopped putting those on boats several years ago.  About all they're good for IMO is making wipe-down a bit trickier.

That's the truth.  I guess I didn't notice them missing.  Then again, I don't see a whole lot of Malibus on the hoof.

@justgary   The grab rails are on the inside of the bow.   Thanks for the advice on goo gone or some sorry if solvent.   @UWSkier @oldjeep

tthanks guys for info.  Kinda  torn in whether to keep them or remove.  Since wifey don’t use them when she pulls me and we only do course once in awhile I’m leaning towards remove it them.  

They are pretty cool though   The tips broke off on each of them but still work and it’s a creative idea too  

Thanks again guys.  

3 minutes ago, justgary said:

Hmmmm.  My buddy's 2004 Response is a step over....

Response LXi came out in '03 and was Malibu's primary three-event boat from that point on.  The RLX lived on for several years but it wasn't the marquee boat.