Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo head unit move to rear cup holder niche on 2006 VLX

pattymack

First ever post!

So apologies if this is a re tread topic.

Today I moved my head unit from the factory location next to the throttle to the rear center cup holder niche on my 2006 VLX.

I installed a bezel style head unit, the Kicker KMC2 and got rid of my old single stereo deck.

I had enough of trying to drive, watch rider/surfer, and DJ...

I have to say it is SO NICE that now my spotter(wife) is in charge of tunes since she is in the back surf corner of the boat anyway. I just get to drive! 

I was always either inadvertently switching my stereo to a different input or actually bumping it off. But now I don’t ever have to hear people hollering “MUSIC!” 😂

I have images of the install but not sure how to share them? They’re on my phone...

Any advice on how to add them?

I just tried the URL link and it won’t work.

so here’s the link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h8So2rDWNB7HHuWh9

Edited by pattymack
Adding photos