Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Wakesetter direct drive value

jeff savastano

I have an opportunity to purchase 2003 wakesetter direct drive with monsoon engine.  Roughly 430 hours..  It needs a cleaning and a new motor for perfect pass.  i am primarily a skier and dabble in wake boarding so like the idea of direct drive with extra room.  Boat also wedge bracket but no wedge.  What’s a fair price to pay for this boat  if I buy I don’t see myself holding on to it to long

00h0h_fqab0A0ouga_600x450.jpg

You will love that boat for skiing.  I have a '99 Sunsetter DD that is the same length, I think. 

Has it ever been in salt water?  Not a deal breaker by itself, but you want to know if you can. 

While I love my 05 Iride and recommend it for the uses you stated in the original post, the DD market is not as strong as the vdrive market.  I think if you wanted to buy and sell without losing money, you should stay in the 15 range, but I imagine the boat is being offered in the low 20's.  You just may have a hard time finding a buyer in a couple years without losing money if you pay low 20's.  I also don't think that is a reason not to buy boat.