Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Covering question

PNWoke

58 minutes ago, mackie12 said:

@Raleigh yes I did, very minor damage to it, used it for another season.

That’s wild. Thanks for sharing! I guess they are pretty durable! 

Was it bolted to the ground or anything? 

Edited by Raleigh

ok well I think I'm going to do the shelter logic too.  I kinda like the idea of being able to move it around if need be.  Thanks for all the anecdotal experience.  It really makes a world of difference making blind online purchases.

Edited by PNWoke
17 hours ago, PNWoke said:

ok well I think I'm going to do the shelter logic too.  I kinda like the idea of being able to move it around if need be.  Thanks for all the anecdotal experience.  It really makes a world of difference making blind online purchases.

Are you ordering direct through them or have you found an online dealer that is willing to negotiate? I’m about a week away from ordering one. 

I have just been pricing them out online, and assumed I would just order direct that way.  I plan to go with the snow/wind rated rounded top version with the better/best cover.  I will look into a local dealer and see if I can get it cheaper than direct.  Also, I did go ahead and pick up that transhield cover from Greatlakes.  Its very good quality, and for $150 it could probably handle all the elements all winter just fine.  It has vents pre-installed and should work out great for the in-between time this fall.

Edited by PNWoke

Fwiw, my local distributor has beaten the online price every time. Might want to go see the local guy, may get you out of shipping charges at the least. Where i live, if i go pick it up locally i get to avoid sales tax too. Definately get the upgraded cover though. I wish i had done that when i bought the ones at my house at home.