Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Bucket List: Radar Lake

UWSkier

It's funny, but the slalom guy in the video skis as poorly as I do.  I expected to see some genuine get-your-shoulders-wet impressive skiing.

But no matter how you ski the course, go have a blast!

1 hour ago, justgary said:

It's funny, but the slalom guy in the video skis as poorly as I do.  I expected to see some genuine get-your-shoulders-wet impressive skiing.

I'm pretty sure that was Eddie Roberts. 

Radar is cool. What’s crazy is you would never know it’s there. Little hidden gem in what is now a big residential area and thanks to Microsoft that land is now worth insane $$$. 

If weather is nice Sunday, shoot me a pm and I can get you out surfing! 

2 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Radar is cool. What’s crazy is you would never know it’s there. Little hidden gem in what is now a big residential area and thanks to Microsoft that land is now worth insane $$$. 

If weather is nice Sunday, shoot me a pm and I can get you out surfing! 

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I have to head home Sat night for Sunday commitments. 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, UWSkier said:

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I have to head home Sat night for Sunday commitments. 

You were definitely here on the right day. It was warm and sunny yesterday, and dumping rain today. Wish I had gone out yesterday.

I’ve never been to Radar, but my daughter has been there several times. She and her husband looked into having their wedding there, or going there for the honeymoon.

• Like 2

@UWSkier - cool.  There are several courses in your area, at least when I was out there several years ago.  San Tan Estates just south of where the old GM Proving Grounds or Williams airfield, another one east of there that ASU uses for team practice, also one off the Superstition Fwy (CRS happening on the names...).  I would go to Ball of Spray and ask, you'll get feedback on the particulars, Google Earth also has a ski course map, Horton could guide you.  Sounds to me like the addiction is kicking in, you will have several 'SA' friends:-)

Oh, I know where they are here. Researched that before I moved out here. :) I'm 5 mins from Santan but getting access to that one is tough. I may start skiing with ASU but the water at Firebird destroys equipment and smells like jet fuel from all the boat racing that goes on there. 

On 9/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, UWSkier said:

I may start skiing with ASU but the water at Firebird destroys equipment and smells like jet fuel from all the boat racing that goes on there. 

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.  That sounds like a bad-a** ski site.   

Edited by jjackkrash