Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ifinallygota21v

Anyone bored at work?

Recommended Posts

Ifinallygota21v

Ive hit a creative wall and cant come up with a color combo i like.  We are dabbling with the idea of pink this year with white tower and silver flake as well.  Can anyone come up unique combo?  Feel free to add other colors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IXFE
8 minutes ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Ive hit a creative wall and cant come up with a color combo i like.  We are dabbling with the idea of pink this year with white tower and silver flake as well.  Can anyone come up unique combo?  Feel free to add other colors

Which model are we working with today??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CBray4

Like @IXFE said. What model are you looking at? I'm always bored at work and I think pink boats can be really sweet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raleigh
1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

If you need a unique combo, ask @LucasA.  I bet he has some unique suggestions.

image.thumb.png.5d65ae64d4f2189065d5059f82fcdfa0.png

Love the shirtless DJ in the bow! Hook it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ifinallygota21v

Sorry 22LSV and no to the above option

 

Edited by Ifinallygota21v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slayer

I dig the 22 LSV.  Our local dealer has a couple nice ones.  Not sure how much of an improvement it is over the 22 VLX.  Seems to me the biggest improvements are the engine, slighting deeper hull, and L shaped rear ballast allowing you to know when the PNP is full.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ifinallygota21v
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I dig the 22 LSV.  Our local dealer has a couple nice ones.  Not sure how much of an improvement it is over the 22 VLX.  Seems to me the biggest improvements are the engine, slighting deeper hull, and L shaped rear ballast allowing you to know when the PNP is full.

 

 

Lsv wake is better for sure. Unfortunately we have a length restriction here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slayer
8 hours ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Lsv wake is better for sure. Unfortunately we have a length restriction here

I have no reference.  Never been behind a 22 LSV.  It would have to substantially better than my 22 VLX for me to get one.  

Edited by Slayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infinitysurf

I have ridden in 22LSV quite a few times this year, very nice wave/boat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ifinallygota21v

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ajive

I feel like pink on the website is a little more limited than it probably is for the dealer (e.g., only pink bead online, where I think you could ask for pink panels).

 

Don't tell my wife this is even a thing (she is crazy about this combo of colors), but pink and black is pretty sick IMO.  Replace the light graphite with pink in the interior and the pink beads to black and this would be pretty nice (though I think I like just the hint on the interior as it is).  I did do black accent panels inside which may be hot, but it's a hot looking boat so I'd expect a burn or two.

image.png.28efe6fdec6970717916d08223a8e285.png

 

If you wanna get loud, the watermelon combo looks good!

image.png.631d410cb1fb65e8b652698d2a243760.png

 

I also think pink and orange go together nicely, but the color blocks on the LSV didn't work well for that as I was making attempts.  The new 23MXZ gel scheme does a better job of letting you add small accents here and there instead of big chunks.

I would actually put the black and pink in my garage.  Now, I wouldn't order it unless it was some kind of "wife gets inheritance and wants to blow it all on a new boat that she gets to design"... but in that situation, I'd be plenty happy with the way that one looks.

 

*Edit: should have put the graphite tower on the watermelon. 

Edited by ajive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ifinallygota21v

I love the black as well. Just need to wrap my head around black gel again. It is such a pain to keep clean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
granddaddy55

Check out Nick’s new boat at Wakeboard Naples, he’s vapor blue? and pink accent panels on an 19’ A24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ifinallygota21v
13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Check out Nick’s new boat at Wakeboard Naples, he’s vapor blue? and pink accent panels on an 19’ A24

I’ve seen his and it’s a little over the top for me. If I was 25 years old maybe another story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slayer
On 9/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, Infinitysurf said:

I have ridden in 22LSV quite a few times this year, very nice wave/boat

I'd like to ride a 22 LSV back to back with my 22 VLX to see and feel the difference.  I'm not sure it's much at all, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UWSkier

Teal and Pink.  1993 called.  They want their colors back.  :)  I had a friend who had a boat that looked exactly like this.  He took an absolute bath trying to sell it in 2006.  These are good colors if you flip your boat every year, or you plan to keep it for 25 years.

malibu_echelon_20093234.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raleigh
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Teal and Pink.  1993 called.  They want their colors back.  :)  I had a friend who had a boat that looked exactly like this.  He took an absolute bath trying to sell it in 2006.  These are good colors if you flip your boat every year, or you plan to keep it for 25 years.

malibu_echelon_20093234.jpg

I’d buy that as my ski boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Suggy
On 9/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ifinallygota21v said:

Ive hit a creative wall and cant come up with a color combo i like.  We are dabbling with the idea of pink this year with white tower and silver flake as well.  Can anyone come up unique combo?  Feel free to add other colors

I am!!! :clap: Here is what I came up with. I'm a big fan of all one color interior, all light graphite with just a pink bead.  I actually dig this boat I built. The all white top is sweet. I've seen Boulder Boats do some like this and it's a clean look. If you wanted, you could make deck accent silver metallic as well to add a little to it.

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slurpee
2 minutes ago, Suggy said:

I am!!! :clap: Here is what I came up with. I'm a big fan of all one color interior, all light graphite with just a pink bead.  I actually dig this boat I built. The all white top is sweet. I've seen Boulder Boats do some like this and it's a clean look. If you wanted, you could make deck accent silver metallic as well to add a little to it.

 

Oooooh.  I like that one!  Just about exactly that was on our short list a couple years ago.  We added just a tad more Reuben in the end.  I miss that color.....:cry:

25283608481_a427141f20_o

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie
1 hour ago, Suggy said:

I am!!! :clap: Here is what I came up with. I'm a big fan of all one color interior, all light graphite with just a pink bead.  I actually dig this boat I built. The all white top is sweet. I've seen Boulder Boats do some like this and it's a clean look. If you wanted, you could make deck accent silver metallic as well to add a little to it.

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

I think this would look awesome with black gatorstep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eagleboy99
24 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I think this would look awesome with black gatorstep.

Gotta say I am not feeling the brown flooring though.  Out of curiosity, could one order a boat with teak coloured platform and different coloured interior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ajive
10 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Gotta say I am not feeling the brown flooring though.  Out of curiosity, could one order a boat with teak coloured platform and different coloured interior?

I'm sure for the right price you can get whatever options you want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...