Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone bored at work?

Ifinallygota21v

Ive hit a creative wall and cant come up with a color combo i like.  We are dabbling with the idea of pink this year with white tower and silver flake as well.  Can anyone come up unique combo?  Feel free to add other colors

8 minutes ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Ive hit a creative wall and cant come up with a color combo i like.  We are dabbling with the idea of pink this year with white tower and silver flake as well.  Can anyone come up unique combo?  Feel free to add other colors

Which model are we working with today??

• Haha 1

I dig the 22 LSV.  Our local dealer has a couple nice ones.  Not sure how much of an improvement it is over the 22 VLX.  Seems to me the biggest improvements are the engine, slighting deeper hull, and L shaped rear ballast allowing you to know when the PNP is full.

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I dig the 22 LSV.  Our local dealer has a couple nice ones.  Not sure how much of an improvement it is over the 22 VLX.  Seems to me the biggest improvements are the engine, slighting deeper hull, and L shaped rear ballast allowing you to know when the PNP is full.

Lsv wake is better for sure. Unfortunately we have a length restriction here

8 hours ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Lsv wake is better for sure. Unfortunately we have a length restriction here

I have no reference.  Never been behind a 22 LSV.  It would have to substantially better than my 22 VLX for me to get one.  

Edited by Slayer

I feel like pink on the website is a little more limited than it probably is for the dealer (e.g., only pink bead online, where I think you could ask for pink panels).

Don't tell my wife this is even a thing (she is crazy about this combo of colors), but pink and black is pretty sick IMO.  Replace the light graphite with pink in the interior and the pink beads to black and this would be pretty nice (though I think I like just the hint on the interior as it is).  I did do black accent panels inside which may be hot, but it's a hot looking boat so I'd expect a burn or two.

image.png.28efe6fdec6970717916d08223a8e285.png

If you wanna get loud, the watermelon combo looks good!

image.png.631d410cb1fb65e8b652698d2a243760.png

I also think pink and orange go together nicely, but the color blocks on the LSV didn't work well for that as I was making attempts.  The new 23MXZ gel scheme does a better job of letting you add small accents here and there instead of big chunks.

I would actually put the black and pink in my garage.  Now, I wouldn't order it unless it was some kind of "wife gets inheritance and wants to blow it all on a new boat that she gets to design"... but in that situation, I'd be plenty happy with the way that one looks.

*Edit: should have put the graphite tower on the watermelon. 

Edited by ajive
13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Check out Nick’s new boat at Wakeboard Naples, he’s vapor blue? and pink accent panels on an 19’ A24

I’ve seen his and it’s a little over the top for me. If I was 25 years old maybe another story

On 9/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, Infinitysurf said:

I have ridden in 22LSV quite a few times this year, very nice wave/boat

I'd like to ride a 22 LSV back to back with my 22 VLX to see and feel the difference.  I'm not sure it's much at all, though.

Teal and Pink.  1993 called.  They want their colors back.  :)  I had a friend who had a boat that looked exactly like this.  He took an absolute bath trying to sell it in 2006.  These are good colors if you flip your boat every year, or you plan to keep it for 25 years.

malibu_echelon_20093234.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Teal and Pink.  1993 called.  They want their colors back.  :)  I had a friend who had a boat that looked exactly like this.  He took an absolute bath trying to sell it in 2006.  These are good colors if you flip your boat every year, or you plan to keep it for 25 years.

malibu_echelon_20093234.jpg

I’d buy that as my ski boat!

• Like 1
On 9/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ifinallygota21v said:

I am!!! :clap: Here is what I came up with. I'm a big fan of all one color interior, all light graphite with just a pink bead.  I actually dig this boat I built. The all white top is sweet. I've seen Boulder Boats do some like this and it's a clean look. If you wanted, you could make deck accent silver metallic as well to add a little to it.

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

2 minutes ago, Suggy said:

I am!!! :clap: Here is what I came up with. I'm a big fan of all one color interior, all light graphite with just a pink bead.  I actually dig this boat I built. The all white top is sweet. I've seen Boulder Boats do some like this and it's a clean look. If you wanted, you could make deck accent silver metallic as well to add a little to it.

Oooooh.  I like that one!  Just about exactly that was on our short list a couple years ago.  We added just a tad more Reuben in the end.  I miss that color.....:cry:

25283608481_a427141f20_o

1 hour ago, Suggy said:

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

I think this would look awesome with black gatorstep.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I think this would look awesome with black gatorstep.

Gotta say I am not feeling the brown flooring though.  Out of curiosity, could one order a boat with teak coloured platform and different coloured interior?

10 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Gotta say I am not feeling the brown flooring though.  Out of curiosity, could one order a boat with teak coloured platform and different coloured interior?

I'm sure for the right price you can get whatever options you want!