Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just dropped the boat off at Gabes....

xx29l9

Just got back late last night from dropping boat off at Gabes in Atwater for a whole new interior. Wife is sooooo looking forward to get this done. She spent 6+ hours on the drive home searching for color combinations to make sure she likes what we picked out. Going to be awesome.

Bob

• 4 months later...

I'm speechless. Gabe just sent me the pics of the finished boat....unreal! Everything looks unbelievable and I bet it looks better in person. Went with a Seadek  floor with red highlight lines and red 'glass floor underneath. Changed some colors around it turned out so cool. Now I need to get down there to pic it up. I know, no pics means it never happened...What is a easy hosting site for pics so I can post them? 

Ya, I'm a little pumped up right now. Where's summer?

Bob

Looks like Google images was already available for me. Hope this works-

removed bad link

Edited by xx29l9
removed bad link

That looks sick bro!!!!  If you ever get to the Bend area for a lake day shoot me a PM!!  We are always on Prineville Reservoir.  

Edited by dwc032
15 hours ago, dwc032 said:

That looks sick bro!!!!  If you ever get to the Bend area for a lake day shoot me a PM!!  We are always on Prineville Reservoir.  

Thanks! We used to go to Billy Chinook at least 2-3 times a year but haven't been there in a couple years now since the last time there the algae was so bad. Plus a couple more hours drive and we can be at Shasta which is my favorite lake...Never been on Prineville yet but want to check it out....

Bob

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Nice!  Was the floor already finished red like that?

No, it was just worn out carpet with the factory black floor covered in carpet glue. Gabe replaced the aluminum egg crate floor piece with a solid plastic flooring material then leveled a coat of red fiberglass epoxy over the top of the whole floor and then the Seadek on top of that. Seadek did not have a pattern for this boat so it started out as Gabe sending them measurements and then a paper cut out of it to verify fit before they cut out the final floor. Glad we didn't go with carpet on the main floor.

Bob

2 minutes ago, xx29l9 said:

No, it was just worn out carpet with the factory black floor covered in carpet glue. Gabe replaced the aluminum egg crate floor piece with a solid plastic flooring material then leveled a coat of red fiberglass epoxy over the top of the whole floor and then the Seadek on top of that. Seadek did not have a pattern for this boat so it started out as Gabe sending them measurements and then a paper cut out of it to verify fit before they cut out the final floor. Glad we didn't go with carpet on the main floor.

Bob

To me, that's the most impressive detail.  Looks outstanding!

Does that mean you need to repaint the floor in the scale model of your boat though?  :)

45 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

To me, that's the most impressive detail.  Looks outstanding!

Does that mean you need to repaint the floor in the scale model of your boat though?  :)

AHAHAHAHAHAAHA OH HELL NO. Funny, my friends and son's friends have been telling me I need to redo the model interior to match the new 1:1. I keep telling them, no, this model is a snapshot in time. Deal with it!

That looks excellent.  I need to see if I can get him to redo mine to eliminate all the plasticy carbon fibery stuff that is cracking.

Now I'd consider scraping the tribal stuff off the side of the boat and it'll look like a new boat

Edited by oldjeep
  • 1 month later...

Wife and I got back home last Sunday night after a 1400+ mile journey down the Oregon coast and California redwood area. Friday morning we buzzed over to Atwater from Petaluma and picked up the boat....holy cow. Looks even better in person. Gabe, his son and a couple helpers did phenomenal work. The boat is a 2005 that has been updated to 2020. Outstanding work. Now I need to do a few things to the trailer to bring it up to the boats standard...

Glad we were able to get the boat before the whole state shutdown. Lucky for us.

Bob