Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat riser

goochy

Has anyone raised the driver seat on a 2019 LSV 23 ft .  Just got the boat , so not really sure if I even need it .  But I hate sitting on the booster seat ( flipped up) . Any links on where to buy ?

thanks 

"Need" maybe, want definitely. I have the power seat on mine and it was a got to have after raising the seat and stacking cushions on my '10. This boat being so new I doubt you will see a specific application for it for a while. As big as the deck area is under the seat you may be able to use a currently produced riser for another MY. Ultimately you may have to use a hole saw that will make a big enough hole in the deck to get your hand through to properly secure the new riser base to the deck, if there isn't already one there from Malibu.

Edited by wdr
sp

This option for Power Seat is one that doesn't get noticed until you get a boat without it.

It's one of those options that dealers don't always put on a "Spec" boat to save costs and make the buyer feel like he's getting a great deal.

It's one of those options that buyers don't think about when they find a "Cheaper" boat than a loaded boat that costs more money.

It's one of those options an educated buyer wants.

• Like 2
On 9/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, Ronnie said:

This option for Power Seat is one that doesn't get noticed until you get a boat without it.

It's one of those options that dealers don't always put on a "Spec" boat to save costs and make the buyer feel like he's getting a great deal.

It's one of those options that buyers don't think about when they find a "Cheaper" boat than a loaded boat that costs more money.

It's one of those options an educated buyer wants.

Agree... I checked that box and I am so glad we did, we use it all the time to adjust for what we are doing. I added the seat riser to our 08 and it was great for surfing but missed the ability to get low when cruising. Power lift solves all that. My only complaint is that the switch looks a little tacky... I could have come up with a nicer mounting solution without exposed screws, etc (Malibu did a nice job with the switch on the M325.. no clue why they couldn’t use that mounting plate on the other boats.)

You have a couple options for a seat riser:

Inland Curl Wake (find on Facebook too) sells this one, and a few of us have it installed on our 2018's):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drivers-seat-riser-kit-for-2010-2020-Malibu-2013-2020-Axis-boats-by-Inland-Curl-/173850303019

Or this one:

https://boatpluglight.myshopify.com/products/2010-2017-malibu-wakesetter-seat-risers

1 hour ago, jwl019 said:

You have a couple options for a seat riser:

Inland Curl Wake (find on Facebook too) sells this one, and a few of us have it installed on our 2018's):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drivers-seat-riser-kit-for-2010-2020-Malibu-2013-2020-Axis-boats-by-Inland-Curl-/173850303019

Or this one:

https://boatpluglight.myshopify.com/products/2010-2017-malibu-wakesetter-seat-risers

This is great, thank you!!

I wasn't going to fork out the money for the automatic seat riser, but I want to raise my seat too on a 2019 25 lsv. 

Edited by bbattiste247

2018 23lsv here.  I have the one from Inland Curl Wake, and it’s really nice.  For $99 you can’t beat it.  Well made, and great instructions.  It took me about 20 min to install from start to finish. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-boat-driver-seat-lift-riser-4-inch-higher-than-original-CNC-machined/183847408769?hash=item2ace28d481:g:WhYAAOSwJZRcq-X-

This is for an older model (my boat is pictured).   But I know he has made similar for newer models and it includes a small box underneath to put your wallet or other goodies inside.  The inland curl seems like a lot for 2 square pieces of tubing.  I would reach out to tmsbilletparts and see what he has for 2019.  I will likely do this as an off season upgrade.  He lives a couple hundred yards from me.  

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you tell us how much lift the power seat gives you? I am considering adding one to my '19. But if it doesn't beat the 4" solid riser then I'm not sure I want to spend the $2K. 

6 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Can you tell us how much lift the power seat gives you? I am considering adding one to my '19. But if it doesn't beat the 4" solid riser then I'm not sure I want to spend the $2K. 

It's at least 4" but I can't test mine right now cause it's broken. Don't know how common this failure is but it will be warrantied this off season. For now, it's resting on 2x4 lumber just like an old Bayliner. Taped around the boards to camo it.image.thumb.png.ea5beafaccc920ccae6061a5bf8eccc6.pngimage.thumb.png.ba0b2d1f034425acf2a1a247366734c8.png

8 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

It's at least 4" but I can't test mine right now cause it's broken. Don't know how common this failure is but it will be warrantied this off season. For now, it's resting on 2x4 lumber just like an old Bayliner. Taped around the boards to camo it.image.thumb.png.ea5beafaccc920ccae6061a5bf8eccc6.pngimage.thumb.png.ba0b2d1f034425acf2a1a247366734c8.png

Need some body lift pucks. 

I have the power lift on my boat and love it. However, I leave it all the way up 100% of the time so if a riser would make it the same height as the lift all the way up I’d be tempted to save the cash but still consider the upgrade. 

4 hours ago, dalt1 said:

So the difference between a Bayliner and a Malibu is the tape? :>)

• 3 months later...

Follow up. I bought the riser from tmsbilletparts on ebay. Lifts the seat about 4" which is perfect for bow up position while surfing. If you do a lot of high speed cruising you will have wind in your face. It's a good trade off for me. Wife (driver) loves it. $150 delivered is a great deal. 

I cant find a picture but i did a 4" lift on my echelon driver seat with 2" x 4" extruded aluminum. Cost me 40 bucks in material.

I made machined sides to them but as a bonus you could send them out to get laser cut a boat name, and run a bit of led lights inside

I gotta say though drinking a beer isnt as discreet while underway

Edited by DOJOLOACH2
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the 4" riser I installed and love it. I thought I would miss the sitting low cruise position and I don't at all! It is way safer! If I ever design a boat, I would opt for the automatic riser but if you already have one or are cheap, the 4" riser does the trick!

• 6 months later...
On 12/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, Bozboat said:

After you raise the seat, anyone have issues with the cover fitting, particularly the Evolution Cover fitting?  Don’t want it to run or rest in the capt seat.

Late reply (6 months!), sorry. I use a tower-down cover in winter. The seat just barely bulges the cover, so no fit issues at all.

By the way, if anyone is reading this thread and wants to buy a tmsbilletparts seat riser, I have a brand new on for sale. I ended up with two. $50.