Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wish me Luck @ World Championship of Wakesurfing

vanamp

Well that was rough....wave was super small spent most of my run just trying to keep up with the boat.  I love the centurion wave but if not dialed in correctly it can be a dud.  Surfgate is such a good system for a consitant wave.  Still having fun and was happy to get a few tricks in.  Finished 3rd in my heat but will not advance to finals. 

@CBray4 contest are a great way to quickly advance your riding.  PM me, we have been to a lot of contest and can help you pick some good ones.  2020 contest season starts in the fall. 

@Lance B. Johnson in reference to your thread about hitting a plateau.  Training for a contest will force you to focus your training and get you through a plateau.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions. 

• Like 2

Nice work man! 

The amateur men’s category has gotten pretty insane. Unfortunately I didn’t perform anywhere close to how I wanted to either. The wave was so flat, I regularly ride the 237 and that wasn’t right. Ballast wasn’t full or something, garbage. 

• Like 2

That is a bummer to hear that the wave was not up to par. You would think if it was the World Championship they would make sure the waves were World Championship quality. 

I loved watching the live stream all weekend. 

On 9/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, vanamp said:

Well that was rough....wave was super small spent most of my run just trying to keep up with the boat.  I love the centurion wave but if not dialed in correctly it can be a dud.  Surfgate is such a good system for a consitant wave.  Still having fun and was happy to get a few tricks in.  Finished 3rd in my heat but will not advance to finals. 

@CBray4 contest are a great way to quickly advance your riding.  PM me, we have been to a lot of contest and can help you pick some good ones.  2020 contest season starts in the fall. 

@Lance B. Johnson in reference to your thread about hitting a plateau.  Training for a contest will force you to focus your training and get you through a plateau.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions. 

What the heck?! The wave on the Centurion is supposed to be the best. What a bummer. Each wave should be consistent in a championship. They should switch to the M235/M24 or 25 LSV for championship waves! 

Congrats on on making it this far! 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:46 AM, Cole2001 said:

Nice work man! 

The amateur men’s category has gotten pretty insane. Unfortunately I didn’t perform anywhere close to how I wanted to either. The wave was so flat, I regularly ride the 237 and that wasn’t right. Ballast wasn’t full or something, garbage. 

The wave from the videos to me looked very weak with little forgiveness for any kind of recovery if you fell back.  Were you able to have them adjust the wave?  I watched some of the live stream and heard them saying one of the riders needed to have them flatten out her wave based on the trick she wasn't landing.  You must have been able to have some adjustments per your request.  I think this was in the outlaw divisions so wondering if you had that option as well.  I saw both @vanamp and your run.  Nice job to both of you.  Very cool opportunity to compete in a big event like that.  I bet you had a great time.