Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stern Turn/ Easy Drive

LucasC

8 minutes ago, Kojak said:

Brian, I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago about adding this to my 2015 23 LSV.  Unfortunately it won't work due to the dual outlet exhaust on the 2015.  Are there any plans to adapt the EZ Drive to work on 2015 and older Malibus?  I'm guessing that there would be a market for that.  I know I'd like to add one to my boat.

Yes on the models with dual exhaust we would mount outside of the transom indention where your exhaust and power wedge is. I am only personally not aware of stringer location for the shaft mounts, but the unit itself would of course need to be placed to connect in a clearance away from the stringers. I am sure we can make yours happen though. Would just need some more measurements to help locate exact mounting location.

4 minutes ago, easydrivebrian said:

Yes on the models with dual exhaust we would mount outside of the transom indention where your exhaust and power wedge is. I am only personally not aware of stringer location for the shaft mounts, but the unit itself would of course need to be placed to connect in a clearance away from the stringers. I am sure we can make yours happen though. Would just need some more measurements to help locate exact mounting location.

That's good to hear.  It's at the top of my list for future mods.  Just can't make it happen this year.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested in the Ez Drive thruster system we have joined forces creating a Malibu Crew Group Buy, only available on a limited number of kits. Check the Group Buy section for more info. 

Edited by easydrivebrian
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone installed one on a 2017 23lsv successfully?  I bought an ez drive last year. I’m just getting around to installing it. If I use the supplied mount and follow their instructions it will be an inch below the running surface of the hull. Even paying to have mount modified to bring it up to bottom of swim platform it will be close to dragging in the water while moving. Doing so it will only clear the bottom of the boat by less than an inch. I don’t want to spend more money and drill holes in my boat if it isn’t going to work. I’m being told they have sold several to 23 lsv owners. Any pre 2017 done this successfully?

• 5 months later...

You need to find a 12v source that is on with the ignition. My 2019 had a 12v right by the throttle labeled for fire extinguisher, which we don't have, but it comes on with the ignition, so i used that.