Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sony replacement options with RM-X60M

clint888

Hi all

We have a 2006 247lsv which came with a sony sound system with RM-X60M remote heads around the boat. These units aren't sold anymore and I was chasing suggestions on an alternative product that would fit the same hole dimensions around the boat. Has anyone had a stereo refit and still used the remotes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a replacement RM-X60M remote. Just purchased a 2008 Four Winns 224F with the same head unit but the remote isn't functioning. Anyone willing to sell a used replacement?

Just went through this problem with my 2006 boat, but mine was wired with the Sony RM-XM10 remotes.

I'm pretty disappointed in Sony.  They don't currently even make wired remotes, let alone support those that they have made in the past.

My biggest problem was the hole in my transom drilled for the original remote.  I can live without the one at the helm.

After considering all the current options, I elected to kick the can down the road and purchase a used Sony remote.

I seriously considered switching head units to a Fusion, and purchasing their wireless remotes, and that may be what I eventually do.

The Sony remotes were never waterproof, go figure....

Me, rather than remove the non functional one and patch the hole, I plan on replacing the entire boat.

Edited by dlb
On 10/9/2019 at 9:04 AM, ScottD said:

I'm looking for a replacement RM-X60M remote. Just purchased a 2008 Four Winns 224F with the same head unit but the remote isn't functioning. Anyone willing to sell a used replacement?

ScottD. are you looking for just the RM-X60M   remote or the remote and adapter that connect to the head unit? I have the remote and it was working as of August until I updated my system.

Ill let it go for 25.00 plus whatever it cost to ship to Alabama.

Let me know

On 10/16/2019 at 12:25 AM, G!!!!!! said:

ScottD. are you looking for just the RM-X60M   remote or the remote and adapter that connect to the head unit? I have the remote and it was working as of August until I updated my system.

Let me know

I will take it if still available for that price if it works. Thanks in advance. Tony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 9:55 PM, G!!!!!! said:

Are you looking for a replacement RM-X60M remote? I have one that I just pulled out of my boat when I upgraded the system.

I was off the grid for awhile. I’m still in need of a replacement wired remote. My email is [email protected]

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/15/2019 at 11:25 PM, G!!!!!! said:

Let me know

If you still have the rm-x60m remote and adapter that connect to the head unit I will take you up on that offer and buy it off of you for $25 plus shipping to Oklahoma. Contact me via text 817-564-1089.

• 4 months later...

Good lord people.  Just upgrade.

That remote and system that it works with is completely outdated.

If your disappointed in Sony, be disappointed in ALL the audio manufactures. They have all moved on from the old bus systems. And some of them dont even offer remotes or marine stuff anymore.