Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone towing with a Gladiator yet?

isellacuras

7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Puts more strain on drivetrain, and reduces effective gear ratio and torque unless you also regear.  Even if you do regear you have a bunch more rotating mass to get moving.  Not a huge deal on a truck with an excess of power, but with a little v6 you will notice it. 

A higher center of gravity reduces towing stability and leveling/lift kits can reduce effective payload/carrying capacity.  Taller trucks can also cause increased leverage on the hitch.  The biggest question is how much.  That's tough to tell.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 1

Go to exactly 14:45 towing the Malibu. 

The Sport S has the max tow rating even over the Rubicon. 

Anxious to see the difference if you added some 33’s or 35’s to it. 

If you have a short tow to the lake.. and minimal grades... few hills... it really can peak the interest. Especially if you are a Jeep person. 

3 hours ago, DylanR said:

Go to exactly 14:45 towing the Malibu. 

The Sport S has the max tow rating even over the Rubicon. 

Anxious to see the difference if you added some 33’s or 35’s to it. 

If you have a short tow to the lake.. and minimal grades... few hills... it really can peak the interest. Especially if you are a Jeep person. 

That would be because the rubicon is going to have the highest curb weight.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 10:01 AM, bamaboy said:

My wife and I had a discussion about Jeeps in general yesterday after seeing a Gladiator.  Her comment was "man, Jeeps sure did become chick vehicles the last few years"

Jussayin

I'm not sure that women liking a vehicle enough to go buy and drive one has ever been negative thing for anyone.  

• 3 years later...

Reviving an old thread. Anyone use a gladiator to tow? 

Interested if I were able to find one used with max tow. 2018 23LSV. Would use it to tow twice a year about 3-4 miles from storage to the ramp and back. Kept on a lift during the year. Wonder if it would struggle pulling out of the water at the end of the season?

The videos shown were encouraging. Obviously not ideal for long high altitude trips but I’m about 1000 above sea level. 

Edited by SouthsideBoarder