Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours this season?

Chatty21VLX

I'm around 90 and still have several weekends to go. Though college football will be interfering in the near future. This is our first year owning a boat. 

60 hours so far.  Goal is 100, but I’ll probably only make it to 80.  Late start this year.  Usually I start at the beginning of April, but weather was crappy, and our first time out was June. 

Edited by SCMike

93 since late April ,slow year for us as wife has been doing school and sone rain but our clock runs mid April to mid April with only January off  ,  our Spillway 20 minutes from my house, which means more time in hour clock,  has been closed draining the elevated Mississippi River since February and just stopped recently ,  usually runs once every 10 years and we have done 3 times in two years with one opening from late March till end of July , longest opening ever in 80 years

last year was our first 200+ season and we  have until Apr next year to get there and we rarely go all day,  usually 4-5 hours tops  including float and change over time , crew of 2 doesn’t need all day snd wife studies before we leave and on way to water ,  so she’s always eager to leave , we only recently kept motor running due to old batteries running the new stereo and being overwhelmed 

Luv the south , I haven’t worn a shorty wetsuit except once in 2018 in almost 3 years , December and February the water is 60-72 and I hate wetsuits ,  in December and February we only  surf because I’m too cold to wait for the 70 foot rope to come around 

Edited by granddaddy55
16 minutes ago, Ktmandy said:

I'm around 90 and still have several weekends to go. Though college football will be interfering in the near future. This is our first year owning a boat. 

Because of our warm fall I won’t give the pros or college my weekend boat time , games can be recorded and watched in 50 minutes, I’d rather be the entertainment and our fall is our best whether 75-80 air 66-80 water till Late December 

Edited by granddaddy55

50 hours so far.  Probably end at 75 to 80 hours.  Had to skip the entire month of May including memorial day(I was borderline suicidal)

21 hours ago, Ktmandy said:

If it's a big game (I'm a Vols fan, so unlikely...) I'll DVR it, and watch when I get off the water. If it's a scrub game I listen to it on the boat stereo. Our boating season is usually over beginning of October, so it's only a few games.

Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  None since a little winter cruise in early January. 

Two big trips and a rusty trailer have kept my boat out of the water.  I have a trailer on order, and it is due any day.  I'm eager to try it out! 

100 here in Wisco....2 oil changes in a year...havne't done that ever...School starting, swim season starting, probably another 10-20 before the trip to the storage shed....sad...but most ever since buying the boat...

• Like 2

Only 43 here, getting tough to find people to go out, prob will end up around 55-60.  I have also been working 100+ hr work weeks,  next year we will be empty nesters, man time flies....the 130+ hour summers were the days to remember!

We do have a 1 week couples only houseboat trip coming next month on lake Powell,  I wont be taking my boat but looking forward to being on the water all week!:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

You sir, are a Godless heathen.  LOL

Trust me, it breaks my heart. Sometimes we have guests that don't want to go on the "big boat." 

• Like 1

We’re at a blistering 11 hrs.  Between boatmate torsion axle and dampener plate failure on our 05, it’s been a slow summer.  Any more gremlins from 05 for us to find?

about 65 over here.....typically around 125 a season. Our kids are not enjoying the boat anymore, they prefer to play with friends at the beach, so we run our sets in the morning and it sits until the next morning.

22 hours ago, Chatty21VLX said:

I also have to add that our jet ski has gotten approximately 15 hrs this summer. That takes away from the boat.

21 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

You sir, are a Godless heathen.  LOL

We call those things lake lice... 😆 

I've had my boat, which is almost exclusively a slalom tractor (it's been on three non-skiing outings), for almost a year.  I skied through the winter.  I've put 60 hours on in that time.  Slalom skiing doesn't run up the hours nearly like surfing does!

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 2

Right at 30 hours for the season (that started June 16th). Optimistically hoping for another 10 hours in September, but as always life is busy. The boat is a 2008 and has exactly 430 hours on it with the bulk of those hours put in in the first 4-5 years. A typical full day on the water is probably an hour of tubing, an hour of surfing, and 4+ hours of floating & swimming.