Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours this season?

Chatty21VLX

We are at 45 but we didn't get our boat until July 3rd. With our previous boat (2000 Epic X-22), we'd do about 30 for an entire season (roughly April-October here). So, we got after it once we got this boat! Weather hasn't been great lately and busy with work, so we might only get another 5-10 before we put her down for the winter (winterization scheduled for Nov. 8).

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Those things would probably do real well today as surf boats. 

Yeah, we bought our X22 new in 2000 and it was a really great boat (and still is, according to the guy who bought it from us last May). But it was a direct drive, so it struggled to create a great wave. The Epic v-drives are better than the direct drives for surfing. On the X22 and other Toyota direct drives, there just aren't a lot of places to add ballast. We had 600lbs in the trunk and it pretty much filled the trunk. The only other options were to remove the back seat and add a few sacks there as well as adding them next to the engine compartment but it was hard enough to walk around in the boat without sacks in the way. The engine was very lightweight too, so that didn't help. But if you really wanted to create a good wave, it was possible, we just didn't go that route. We did add a homemade suck gate and that helped but not enough. Overall, that boat was extremely 'athletic' and the power to weight ratio was excellent. Great slalom wake and a really, really solid wakeboard wake, too. But after almost 20 years, it was time to upgrade. 

Edited by formerathlete

After a two seasons of 100hrs a year, we're down a bit and should finish around 80hrs for 2019.  With my bro having his RLXi two boat slips away, we ski early. My boat gets the rest of the crew from 9:30am - end of the day.  Definitely fun to get out with the bigger crew but your sets are numbered with 6 or 7 people taking turns.  

Biggest downer is no time to get out after Labor Day when the water is still warm for 6-8 weeks.

125 so far. For Dutch weather it is a lot. We go out every chance we get. It sits in a marine so it’s cover off and go. We do 65% wakeboarding/surfing and the rest just cruising along the river. We d I not switch off between riders cause we usually all ride full ballast anywayz. 

When we swim we tie up to a buoy and switch off. 

Boat stays in till water temperature drops under 15 centigrade. 

55 minutes ago, wakefrankNL said:

125 so far. For Dutch weather it is a lot. We go out every chance we get. It sits in a marine so it’s cover off and go. We do 65% wakeboarding/surfing and the rest just cruising along the river. We d I not switch off between riders cause we usually all ride full ballast anywayz. 

When we swim we tie up to a buoy and switch off. 

Boat stays in till water temperature drops under 15 centigrade. 

Do you boat on the Meuse? Is it dry docked or kept in the water? 

Just did my Third oil change. But to be fair the first one was done when I bought my boat Memorial Day and wanted to make sure it was done (2006 23 LSV). Started with 550hrs on Memorial Day just hit 650 and headed to lake Travis next week for 3 days plus a few more outings here in Houston for the rest of the yr. if I’m not careful I’ll hit 150 and have to do another oil change.  

I don’t know how many Hrs I put on my Tige before I sold it in May so technically I might be closer to the 150 mark than I think.  

Been a good yr.