Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who has received an Evolution Cover

BillM22

I

4 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

How long ago, and is the red still red?

I just got it a few weeks ago and its still red  :)     My canopy on my lift is about 5 years old and still the same red as new.  My boat cover is never in the sun so it shouldn't bleach out from the sun.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Top Notch 9 or Sunbrella?

Top notch is supposed to be way stronger and have better breathability (is that a word?).  I like the idea of a more breathable fabric but Sunbrella might have better resale? Also, I have never heard of Sunbrella ripping. 

Edit: just got my production date. 

Edited by BillM22

I've had several covers in both materials.  both are top quality and will hold up similarly.

I prefer sunbrella because it is a more flexible material and thus easier to fold/ roll/stow.  minor difference but helps when space on the boat is limited. 

38 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Warranty is better on Sunbrella.  10 vs. 8 years.  But precious little difference I'd guess.

Good info but I plan to look at a Lxi or TXi in the next 2 to 3 years.

6 minutes ago, kylesullens said:

I've had several covers in both materials.  both are top quality and will hold up similarly.

I prefer sunbrella because it is a more flexible material and thus easier to fold/ roll/stow.  minor difference but helps when space on the boat is limited. 

That is something that would matter to me too. Especially because I am almost always installing the cover by myself. 

46 minutes ago, BillM22 said:

Good info but I plan to look at a Lxi or TXi in the next 2 to 3 years.

if you arent going to keep the boat long enough to get your money's worth, I would recommend getting a cheap generic cover. an evolution or any other high -end cover isnt going to increase your resale value.  save your $$ amd get a cover for the boat you REALLY want.

1 hour ago, kylesullens said:

save your $$ amd get a cover for the boat you REALLY want.

I hear ya, but a generic cover won’t fit with my tower.