Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who has received an Evolution Cover

BillM22

Who has recently received their cover? Or an email that your build date is soon? 

I understand that quality takes time and Cory probably doesn’t have time to constantly be emailing everyone a build date. The last email I received said emails are sent the third week of the month to the customers on the list for the next month.

I payed my deposit the first week of February.

Edited by BillM22

Supply demand at work snd it seems as economics demands people are finding and buying cheaper alternatives and , even Bakes is launching a big push , suppliers rush in 

isn’t capitalism snd free market economics great!!

seems everybody just stays patient snd I don’t think 6-12 months is unusual 

a repeat ‘25 foot  buyer in this sight I bet pre deposits with Cory for each boat well before he takes delivery snd then he even seems to wait a few months

I ordered my cover on September 19, 2018 and immediately paid my deposit.   Finally got my cover about 3 weeks ago.  The cover is definitely the bomb and worth the wait.    Put it on for the first time 2 weeks ago and it went on super easy with a perfect fit.   Super slick the way the hooks grab the bottom of the rub rail and hold the cover tightly.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Eagle River Mike said:

I ordered my cover on September 19, 2018 and immediately paid my deposit.   Finally got my cover about 3 weeks ago.  The cover is definitely the bomb and worth the wait.    Put it on for the first time 2 weeks ago and it went on super easy with a perfect fit.   Super slick the way the hooks grab the bottom of the rub rail and hold the cover tightly.  

How much was the deposit, I’m thinking about ordering a new one for next summer delivery.  

The generic covers from Bakes and other suppliers are probably fine for most purposes, but I feel that the Evolution is unmatched in fit and quality.  Yes, the lead time is WAAAAYYY too long, and I don't understand why Cory doesn't invest whatever is required to increase his capacity.  There is obviously a demand.  

Again, the Evolution cover is worth the wait.  

For those of us with older boats w/ a less common tower, Cory might be the only option. I called Bakes and they laughed at me when I asked if they could make a cover for an ‘01. 

1 hour ago, BillM22 said:

For those of us with older boats w/ a less common tower, Cory might be the only option. I called Bakes and they laughed at me when I asked if they could make a cover for an ‘01. 

My canvas guy will make anything for any boat ( I saw a cover he did for a ChrisCraft barrelback knockoff - amazzing).  Incredible job, too.  And not a year wait.  Find a local guy.

5 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

My canvas guy will make anything for any boat ( I saw a cover he did for a ChrisCraft barrelback knockoff - amazzing).  Incredible job, too.  And not a year wait.  Find a local guy.

Your guy may be the bomb

but there is only one Cory doing it his way

love my 8 year old evolution cover

Remember that Cory used to work for someone else.  And didn't he have to change his company name?  Oh, and isn't the under rub rail clip  patented by another outfit? All I am saying is that I'd look for an alternative rather than wait a year.

10 hours ago, kylesullens said:

The generic covers from Bakes and other suppliers are probably fine for most purposes, but I feel that the Evolution is unmatched in fit and quality.  Yes, the lead time is WAAAAYYY too long, and I don't understand why Cory doesn't invest whatever is required to increase his capacity.  There is obviously a demand.  

Again, the Evolution cover is worth the wait.  

I think you answered your question there!

I'm likely going to pull the trigger for the Echelon soon, she needs a new cover badly and I just don't see me using a canopy with our lift.  A couple of years ago someone had their Echy done and I was like "Great, he's got the pattern, the choice has been made for me".

Put my deposit down in November and it shipped August 8. Longer wait than I was hoping, but worth it. This is my third cover from Cory and as always his customer service was top notch. He took my calls and answered all my questions and concerns and I think this is the best fitting cover yet from him. Love it.

What is the process to order from Cory?  Is it as simple as an emails back and forth on the make model and design, then send in a $50 deposit, then several months down the road they send an update that the cover is being made and then you pay the balance due before shipping?  Or do you send him half down when they are about to make it?

And has anyone ever had a red cover made?  My current one is red, Sunbrella material, probably 13 years old.  It has held up well but is 13 years faded now, some stitching is loose around the tower velcro, some pin holes from a previous owner's fireworks experience, etc.  I think another red cover would look good.  The boat is on lift with no canopy and I like the way it looks with a red cover, different than all the other boats around it.

8 hours ago, vaporbluebu said:

Put my deposit down in November and it shipped August 8. 

That's too long.  reminds me of back in the day when the waiting list at my wife's on campus daycare was approaching two years.... lol like you had to get on the daycare list a year before pregnancy.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

What is the process to order from Cory?  Is it as simple as an emails back and forth on the make model and design, then send in a $50 deposit, then several months down the road they send an update that the cover is being made and then you pay the balance due before shipping?  Or do you send him half down when they are about to make it?

And has anyone ever had a red cover made?  My current one is red, Sunbrella material, probably 13 years old.  It has held up well but is 13 years faded now, some stitching is loose around the tower velcro, some pin holes from a previous owner's fireworks experience, etc.  I think another red cover would look good.  The boat is on lift with no canopy and I like the way it looks with a red cover, different than all the other boats around it.

With non standard towers, I had to provide the  measurement from the bow tip to the tower legs on each side. Even with a standard tower, I would provide the tower leg measurements to account for any factory install variances.

Just now, Bozboat said:

With non standard towers, I had to provide the  measurement from the bow tip to the tower legs on each side. Even with a standard tower, I would provide the tower leg measurements to account for any factory install variances.

Yep, I expected that to be part of the planning.  But do you send more money in at some point, or just when it's delivered?  Can you describe step by step (bullets) how it went?

On 8/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, granddaddy55 said:

a repeat ‘25 foot  buyer in this sight I bet pre deposits with Cory for each boat well before he takes delivery snd then he even seems to wait a few months

Yup, my deposit is already in for my 2020. My build slot is next March. 

I’ve done the factory cover thing... never again. You could bounce quarter off my Evo cover, and I like picking my color, stitching, material, options, etc. 

6CA01824-7192-4F50-AF8B-86EB77CF34AA.jpeg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, IXFE said:

Yup, my deposit is already in for my 2020. My build slot is next March. 

I’ve done the factory cover thing... never again. You could bounce quarter off my Evo cover, and I like picking my color, stitching, material, options, etc. 

6CA01824-7192-4F50-AF8B-86EB77CF34AA.jpeg

I knew it as with his wait time there was no way you would get these covers within 3 months of getting your boat

but that’s great ,  you wanted,  you created demand and others rushed in , capitalism 

i probably  need to place my deposit soon as I’m on my 4th renovation of the factory cover 

what I do like about about the  factory cover is it does great over tower down under my carport,  nice and snug ,  Cory’s design is so good I probably would have to keep my CS cover for storage and travel with the evolution ,  but that means both covers stay cleaner and in better shape cause the CS only has about 1 maybe two good years left at highway speeds 

i have  basic white gelcoat so you have to search for the cover swirl marks ,  I’ve definitely gotten my money’s with out of the CS

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Michigan boarder said:

I went with Logo Red.  It looks awesome and is the exact same color as my canopy on my lift.  I'm pretty sure its Sunbrella as they have a logo red color on their website.   I told Cory to use the best material he has.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Eagle River Mike said:

I went with Logo Red.  It looks awesome and is the exact same color as my canopy on my lift.  I'm pretty sure its Sunbrella as they have a logo red color on their website.   I told Cory to use the best material he has.

How long ago, and is the red still red?