Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Myth: Old boats don't throw good waves. 2008 VLX putting up monster waves

Imracin68j

Shots from our 2008 VLX.  I've ridden on everything from 2019 Moomba Makais to 2017 G23s.  I still like our VLX wave.  When we load it down, it's awesome. 

yYMmJxn.jpg

Ukp8mEe.jpg

vDavJhj.jpg

zOyFAga.jpg

Edited by Imracin68j
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nice wave!  The old boats still have it!

It sure looks that way!  Interesting how you  can buy a 2020 boat for 150-200K USD and still have to add sacs, lead etc.  Someone ought to create the OOTB Surf Experience.

martinarcher

Is it bad that I expected to see an 80's Bu when I clicked that link?  That thing is 21 years newer than our boat.  :lol:

Looks like a really fun wave to me.  I've surfed that hull a good bit - it is seriously capable.  

It's somewhat sketchy as we are carrying an additional 3,000 lbs on the boat.  

900 bow
450 locker
900 LR
700 RR
wedge down, 2 clicks up. 
prop 2315 

33 minutes ago, Chappy said:

You are correct, my 08 VLX had very nice big wave! Only drawback had to use a ton of weight and a suckgate.

GSA will eliminate the suckgate and provide true automation.

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

It sure looks that way!  Interesting how you  can buy a 2020 boat for 150-200K USD and still have to add sacs, lead etc.  Someone ought to create the OOTB Surf Experience.

It’s on the way

I'm surprised nobody has created a simulated barrel off the back of the boats. A jet that would throw a sheen of water simulating a hollowed out wave.  Maybe in 2025.

Edited by Imracin68j
25 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

GSA = Go Surf Assist (like the new Tige ATX line of boats)

Would not make that statement lol.. but it is a factory option from MB.