Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

Just now, IXFE said:

@COOP @Slurpee

They actually DO drill the holes.  The only speaker holes I've ever had to cut were in the walkway.  For some reason, they don't cut those holes.  But all the rest are cut for you.  Anyway, it's kind of a moot point since Malibu is moving away from walk thru speakers. 

There's even speaker wire in there.  Whether you use it or not is another issue (I like to run my own).  

Good to know! Thanks! I guess it’s just towers they stopped running wire on then? 

From a supply chain perspective that makes a lot of sense. Cable assemblies are expensive. You want to use the same one as much as possible. 

The build sheet that was posted was at "dealer price" not MSRP. It's at suggested retail/sale price, and for an M240 is actually about where it should be.  As many of you have stated, the MSRP is 270-290. If someone can get one for 200k OTD it'd be shocked. You'd have to have an amazing relationship with the dealer.

As someone stated, this stereo system in the M240 is incredible. NOTHING like it before in a boat. Completely customized around the M240. The only info I'll leak is the sub(s) are finally in a properly enclosure. Not saying it's worth $20k or whatever is the pricetag, but you're finally getting an amazing stock system from Malibu/Wetsounds. They put a TON of work into this boat's system.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Suggy said:

The build sheet that was posted was at "dealer price" not MSRP. It's at suggested retail/sale price, and for an M240 is actually about where it should be.  As many of you have stated, the MSRP is 270-290. If someone can get one for 200k OTD it'd be shocked. You'd have to have an amazing relationship with the dealer.

As someone stated, this stereo system in the M240 is incredible. NOTHING like it before in a boat. Completely customized around the M240. The only info I'll leak is the sub(s) are finally in a properly enclosure. Not saying it's worth $20k or whatever is the pricetag, but you're finally getting an amazing stock system from Malibu/Wetsounds. They put a TON of work into this boat's system.

The Pavati stereo is pretty amazing as well. They advertise that the stereo in each boat is specifically tuned by an employee at Wetsounds.

52 minutes ago, Suggy said:

I so hope this is true.  I really do.  It'll put an end to many of the stereo debug threads as it trickles down to other models.  And it'll add a great differentiation between Malibu and other brands.  However, I have heard this before from Malibu and Wetsounds.  Nearly word for word.  We got proprietary amp connectors out of it.  So my expectations are happily low.  

1 hour ago, Slurpee said:

I so hope this is true.  I really do.  It'll put an end to many of the stereo debug threads as it trickles down to other models.  And it'll add a great differentiation between Malibu and other brands.  However, I have heard this before from Malibu and Wetsounds.  Nearly word for word.  We got proprietary amp connectors out of it.  So my expectations are happily low.  

Took the words right out of mouth. What @Suggy posted is almost word-for-word what we were told when WS first entered the picture a few years back. Joint developed, tons of work, custom tuned for each boat, optimized sub enclosure... we’ve heard it all before. 

I too hope it’s true this time, but I wouldn’t assume it will trickle down to the higher volume boats (e.g. we're still waiting for RGB lighting that’s been in the M-series for 4 years). 

• Like 2

I too hope I am surprised but just to pile on again, Wetsounds came on this very site telling us about custom tunes for each boat, blah, blah, blah.  I am much happier with my 2019 WS system than my 2016 RF system, but it certainly still leaves something to be desired.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Slurpee said:

Good to know! Thanks! I guess it’s just towers they stopped running wire on then? 

From a supply chain perspective that makes a lot of sense. Cable assemblies are expensive. You want to use the same one as much as possible. 

G3 doesn't have speaker wire if you don't order tower speakers... but the Gx does come fully prewired regardless of what your did or didn't order... just pull the wires out of the hole where the speaker mounts and find the connector/wires by the amp board. 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, tn_rider said:

I sent the wave pics to a couple of people on here! Whoever you are post them up! I don’t have photobucket

i've requested them via dm twice and received nothing and mentioned you twice in comments and gotten nothing.... im beginning to believe you started this thread as a tease with zero intention of sharing the pics. I'm more of a lurker than a poster so if thats the cause for apprehension i get it but at a minum could reply..  if its because i don't currently have a malibu don't sweat it-  i'm here because i want one.

Edited by bass10a
4 hours ago, bass10a said:

i've requested them via dm twice and received nothing and mentioned you twice in comments and gotten nothing.... im beginning to believe you started this thread as a tease with zero intention of sharing the pics. I'm more of a lurker than a poster so if thats the cause for apprehension i get it but at a minum could reply..  if its because i don't currently have a malibu don't sweat it-  i'm here because i want one.

He has them . 

11 hours ago, gregtay said:

G3 doesn't have speaker wire if you don't order tower speakers... but the Gx does come fully prewired regardless of what your did or didn't order... just pull the wires out of the hole where the speaker mounts and find the connector/wires by the amp board. 

The gx you have no option it comes with 2 pair of rev 10 . You can option for no amp but the speakers are not a option. 

I think most of you suppose to go to the Malibu dealer and ask to build M240 ,you can place order now but there is no picture or regular building sheet , the one attached is window sticker, there is 3 different gel shape very similar to 25LSV , new is engine LT4 and surfing system ( I think updated) there is no official build sheet , measurements and other details. I’m waiting to see real boat pictures in about 2-3 weeks and I’ll place order. 

Talking about pricing $280-$400-$500k or more is just not in right place , just go and build your own. I add stern thrusters and heated seats other items are basically standard so sound system in total will be around $20  there is no option for now.

6 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

Alright everyone I’m planning on pulling the trigger on my m240 on Thursday . Hoping the dealer has the configuration tool by then . It will be a November build so my dealer can use it for boat show . I’ll send out pictures when I’m allowed . I came out of a m235 selling it for only one reason a m240 . Let’s keep our fingers crossed it’s everything we think it will be . I have some of the same information that people on here have posted but have yet to see it in person so it’s a bit of a leap of faith . I had the 12th production boat of 2016 on the 235 so I feel I’m kinda in the same situation and that boat ended up being amazing. 

Please provide more specifics as you get them.

8 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

Alright everyone I’m planning on pulling the trigger on my m240 on Thursday . Hoping the dealer has the configuration tool by then . It will be a November build so my dealer can use it for boat show . I’ll send out pictures when I’m allowed . I came out of a m235 selling it for only one reason a m240 . Let’s keep our fingers crossed it’s everything we think it will be . I have some of the same information that people on here have posted but have yet to see it in person so it’s a bit of a leap of faith . I had the 12th production boat of 2016 on the 235 so I feel I’m kinda in the same situation and that boat ended up being amazing. 

No Wake and this will be at the Cincinnati boat show? 

6 hours ago, tn_rider said:

I said more than once someone post wave pics and FINALLY someone post them. But “I’m just posting BS” I have one or two more. Who wants to see it?!

you know where to send em brother.... within minutes i did what i could!!