Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

I didn’t ride M240 yet but there is my concern. Attached photo from Malibu promotional clip is show wakebording wake is far to be clean , not sure if this is speed, water conditions or hull design . We wakebording after 25LSV and 24MXZ and wake is pry clean, the tail is bigger on LSV but not that big as M240. Anyone haves idea why wake looks broken or maybe is just perspective . Rider looks like snow bordering 

DD76BD65-74BA-48DB-A900-9A4FCC150B94.png

A6B25794-76BE-4643-ADCA-05DD593356A3.png

8 hours ago, greg2222 said:

I didn’t ride M240 yet but there is my concern. Attached photo from Malibu promotional clip is show wakebording wake is far to be clean , not sure if this is speed, water conditions or hull design . We wakebording after 25LSV and 24MXZ and wake is pry clean, the tail is bigger on LSV but not that big as M240. Anyone haves idea why wake looks broken or maybe is just perspective . Rider looks like snow bordering 

These big boats (all manufactures) are so loaded down, only the side the rider is pulling on is clean. They're so loaded down and weight sensitive, that when the rider is cutting out, that side of the wake is clean. Then when they clear the wake, that side cleans up as they cut out.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

@IXFE and @23LSVOwner - You two have your thumbs on things when it comes to details like these. No reason for me to argue with your info. I am sure it’s accurate. Just a bit surprising to me, given the impact (or lack thereof) of that model in the NE.

The market covered by the dealers that attend NY and Boston is huge. 9 states and several hundred small lakes. Malibu puts together a cooperative effort between dealers, and they are all placed in a giant booth. I attend both shows every year, and they had literally every single model in the Malibu/Axis range on the floor, every year, except the M235 (if I am being honest, the appearance of the Response was spotty). I have honestly only ever had one real life experience with the M235, and that was at the factory in 2016. 

Regardless, your information proves that the unpopularity of the M235 in this quarter of the country must be an anomaly.

This doesn't surprise me about the colder states. It's much harder, even for wealthy people, to fork out $200k for 3-4 months of the year. The more southern states where they can use the boat 8-12 months out of the year and put 150hrs on, it's much more justifiable to spend $200k.

16 hours ago, greg2222 said:

Nobody's buying this thing to wakeboard.  With this hull design, it almost looks like you're rolling down the lake with two giant foam cannons on either side.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Nobody's buying this thing to wakeboard.  With this hull design, it almost looks like you're rolling down the lake with two giant foam cannons on either side.

Not trying to start anything here, but my 25 will look bad until the person cuts out. People love the wake and wave. Please people, go ride it before you judge the wake or wave. I constantly tell new surfers behind my 25 to back up. They want to ride on the swim deck! The push is further back. I don't have any good pics because my phone is always on the stereo.  I really want to ride this boat. Anyone in the ghetto "AKA: Central Valley" going to have one soon? :biggrin:

17 hours ago, Suggy said:

This doesn't surprise me about the colder states. It's much harder, even for wealthy people, to fork out $200k for 3-4 months of the year. The more southern states where they can use the boat 8-12 months out of the year and put 150hrs on, it's much more justifiable to spend $200k.

One would think that might be the case....... However, Chris Crafts and G25s out sell Bayliner and Moomba on a lot of the lakes up here. On Lake George and Northern Lake Champlain, it’s a common occurrence for the wakeboat to be in the third bay of a $1M boathouse, next to a 400k HackerCraft, and a $750k cruiser, out front of a $5-20M home.....

I think your theory might apply to some of the smaller lakes in the NE, but it wouldn’t have much impact on the overall market.

9 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Not trying to start anything here, but my 25 will look bad until the person cuts out. People love the wake and wave. Please people, go ride it before you judge the wake or wave. I constantly tell new surfers behind my 25 to back up. They want to ride on the swim deck! The push is further back. I don't have any good pics because my phone is always on the stereo.  I really want to ride this boat. Anyone in the ghetto "AKA: Central Valley" going to have one soon? :biggrin:

Ok , anyone here knows where  to demo M240? Is too many different opinions, someone said- wave is good but ... then I see to much foam . I’m on the market but I don’t want buy something that expensive with out driving it.

ahopkins22LSV

Are you talking about the white wash from the spray off the hull? I feel like that’s looks more than normal because of the type of water they are in. From the video it almost looks like they shot that down in Florida in salt water. That’s going to foam a lot more. I could be wrong though. 

21 hours ago, greg2222 said:

Ok , anyone here knows where  to demo M240? Is too many different opinions, someone said- wave is good but ... then I see to much foam . I’m on the market but I don’t want buy something that expensive with out driving it.

Call your dealer and if they don’t have one he can get ahold of the rep for that area and get you on one . Definitely get a test drive .

On 10/31/2019 at 6:43 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

So has anyone besides me actually listened to the new big option stereo that can comment on it?

I have twice now. Its pretty impressive.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

So has anyone besides me actually listened to the new big option stereo that can comment on it?

I have twice as well. Not a huge stereo or audio guy (I love music just don't have the ear like some here) and it blows me away each time. The dual subs is amazing. You can hear the bass from a few hundred feet away. it is such a loud and crisp and clear stereo. Also, when we were loaded up with a full boat and ballast to get to wakeboard speeds and surf speeds, I was sitting in the back and could easily have a conversation with the people across from me. The LT4 is incredible and quiet, yet has a nice mean sound to it at the same time.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

M240 at Nashville Boat Show. Nice boat but who designed the trash can area? Big FAIL. Can't take can out unless it is tipped fully on it's side. Duh! The sales guy says, most put a plastic bag in it and just pull it out. Don't know about most but we would fill it up every day and a full bag is not going to squeeze through that 8 to 10" slot very easy either. Sorry  I didn't get a pic to help this story out.

21 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

M240 at Nashville Boat Show. Nice boat but who designed the trash can area? Big FAIL. Can't take can out unless it is tipped fully on it's side. Duh! The sales guy says, most put a plastic bag in it and just pull it out. Don't know about most but we would fill it up every day and a full bag is not going to squeeze through that 8 to 10" slot very easy either. Sorry  I didn't get a pic to help this story out.

Seasuckers suction cup trash can on side of boat! Works great at Sandbar as we fill ours up quickly as well. Maybe PTM needs a trash can clamp to hang below boards! 

3 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Exactly the same as the 235 but it has the cooler in front of it . Lol pretty sure it’s the same setup in most of the Malibu’s . 

28 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

Exactly the same as the 235 but it has the cooler in front of it . Lol pretty sure it’s the same setup in most of the Malibu’s . 

At least mine in my 18 LSV can be slid sideways without tipping and spilling half the trash.

7 hours ago, dalt1 said:

At least mine in my 18 LSV can be slid sideways without tipping and spilling half the trash.

Can you lift the one in the M240 and slide the bottom out first. That is what I do in my 25LSV. I I am surprised that the trash can is the only thing you found to complain about. 😁

• Like 2
On 10/31/2019 at 7:43 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

We just got a M240 in here. I heard ALOT of hype about this stereo so I was very interested to give it a listen. Honestly, it did not live up to the hype, at least for me. The bass is loud, for sure. However, the rest of the system I was rather "eh" about. I felt like it kinda fell flat on the midbass and lower midrange. And if you turned down the tower speakers the, interior (except for bass) really isnt that much louder than the other systems. I really expected more given how many amplifiers are in it. But like I mentioned, the bass is quite loud. And I suspect for people listening to bass heavy pop music it will impress.

Edited by COOP
  • Like 2
On 1/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, dalt1 said:

Its the same design as the 235 (which i own).  You do not have to tip it over to take it out, not sure where you got that from.  it just slides out sideways (toward you if you are in the boat).  Its a great design IMO.  

4 minutes ago, M235Ozark said:

Its the same design as the 235 (which i own).  You do not have to tip it over to take it out, not sure where you got that from.  it just slides out sideways (toward you if you are in the boat).  Its a great design IMO.  

I was in and out of  lot of boats that day but was definitely a Malibu. Come on, crew help me out and someone get a pic for me now as I failed and didn't snap one. No way to slide it out.

5 hours ago, COOP said:

We just got a M240 in here. I heard ALOT of hype about this stereo so I was very interested to give it a listen. Honestly, it did not live up to the hype, at least for me. The bass is loud, for sure. However, the rest of the system I was rather "eh" about. I felt like it kinda fell flat on the midbass and lower midrange. And if you turned down the tower speakers the, interior (except for bass) really isnt that much louder than the other systems. I really expected more given how many amplifiers are in it. But like I mentioned, the bass is quite loud. And I suspect for people listening to bass heavy pop music it will impress.

Yeah,  they had to have tuned everything down for warranty reasons. Tons of watts tuned down.  I'm betting lesser watt systems will sound better when tuned properly.  

1 hour ago, CJAY said:

Yeah,  they had to have tuned everything down for warranty reasons. Tons of watts tuned down.  I'm betting lesser watt systems will sound better when tuned properly.  

Honestly as much as they have in this boat they could turn it up without issue. Ive upgraded a few M235 systems that when finished were WAY louder than this, and they have had zero issues.

15 minutes ago, COOP said:

Honestly as much as they have in this boat they could turn it up without issue. Ive upgraded a few M235 systems that when finished were WAY louder than this, and they have had zero issues.

Oh yeah they could for sure, but I think they see it as better safe than sorry.  Almost all the speakers in all these boats are massively under powered by not just the watts, outside the 240, but also the tuning.  They have tons of room before they even come close