Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

12 hours ago, Slurpee said:

Not picking a fight here.  I just wanted to get my two cents in to prove it's not a universal dislike.  I can't stand the MXZ bat-mobile front end.

The MXZ bows look like someone was trying to be different for the heck of it.  Anyways, that's just my opinion.  It's nice to see something different and have choices.

Them's fightin' words! 

11 hours ago, asnowman said:

Drain was much slower than fill time.

I timed both when we were at the factory. Fill time was 2:40 seconds and drain time was 3:45

12 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That is a pretty dinky pump then since you can get a 1000 gph bilge pump.

2000 GPH > 1000 GPH....

Could also be more pressure on the fill as well.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, spikew919 said:

How big is midship tank?  That’s only 278lbs a minute and that’s at 100% efficiency on the pumps. Would only fill 834 lbs in 3 minutes. Unless they put a smaller midship tank than the M235 has? The M235 was 1100 lbs I think? 

Ask a dealer.

I know it also has 2 side midship tanks also.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:49 AM, The Hulk said:

equally weighted is it really that much better? "that one time" we had 19 in the boat ..haha... well 18 (not so small) people + surfer + full ballast the wave was crazy. i'm guessing if the boats are similar sized and weighted the waves would probably be pretty similar. At some point how much difference is the hull going to make if the speed, weight, and displacement is near the same? 

I have to think the new gate design with so much more surface area would make a difference in wave quality even with similar weight.  That being said the 25 is still my favorite boat in the line up.

those of you who are saying that the M series boats are no better than standard LSV's have no idea what you are talking about. I have owned both (M235 and 23LSV) and there is no comparison between the two. None.  The M series is 100% worth paying the extra money for if you like a boat that is all around a better boat. The M series boats are freakin MASSIVE.  Every little detail in the M line is top notch...no plastic anything. They surf 10x better. There is no messing around with any settings to get the surf wave dialed in at all. Just hit surf right/left on the presets and grab a rope. thats all that needs to be done to surf.   I dont have PnP bags in my 235 and have never once thought of adding them, the weight of the stock+boat itself is more than enough to give you a massive wave.  more storage than you could possibly use.  The only thing i would change is putting the cooler sub floor instead of under the seat.  My M is only a couple years old so i am not in the market for a new boat, but when i am, i will 100% be buying the M series boat.   

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, M235Ozark said:

those of you who are saying that the M series boats are no better than standard LSV's have no idea what you are talking about. I have owned both (M235 and 23LSV) and there is no comparison between the two. None.  The M series is 100% worth paying the extra money for if you like a boat that is all around a better boat. The M series boats are freakin MASSIVE.  Every little detail in the M line is top notch...no plastic anything. They surf 10x better. There is no messing around with any settings to get the surf wave dialed in at all. Just hit surf right/left on the presets and grab a rope. thats all that needs to be done to surf.   I dont have PnP bags in my 235 and have never once thought of adding them, the weight of the stock+boat itself is more than enough to give you a massive wave.  more storage than you could possibly use.  The only thing i would change is putting the cooler sub floor instead of under the seat.  My M is only a couple years old so i am not in the market for a new boat, but when i am, i will 100% be buying the M series boat.   

Ummm dont like the cooler subfloor... 🤔

1 hour ago, Fffrank said:

All personal preference.  It's one of my favorite features of my friends G23.

51 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Me too.

I realize that it is a love it or hate it thing. Have it in my boat, never use it. Was just poking fun.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:21 AM, M235Ozark said:

I haven't surfed an M series, but from those that have I hear they aren't as good as the 25 lsv.  The largest draw back I saw when climbing around in an m235 was the lack of storage for its size.  Compared to a G23, which is the model type it was built to compete with, it has very little storage.  The only plus is the lack of PNP, but being who I am I'd still throw extra weight at it.

I honestly never saw the point of the M235, I didn't think it was better than multiple other malibu models, and actually though it lost some of the sleak look I love about malibu.  If was going to buy that type of model boat, at that price point, I'd do a G over an M235 10 out of 10 times having spent a lot of time in Gs.   Still that being said I wouldn't' take either of them over my 25lsv

4 hours ago, greg2222 said:

M240 compare to 24mxz or 25LSV Malibu  is like 24MXZ compare to Axis 24.

i just saw one in person next to 24MXZ and is completely next finish level, also M is huge boat . 

B0B5E0B2-78BD-4CA2-AC9D-F7947280DE94.jpeg

7947097C-8311-4C1C-849D-41746842B569.jpeg

I've been dogging the Polygon for having too many creases... but what's with the mug on that thing?

I really long for the days when flowing, graceful lines come back.  Seems we're currently stuck in a period like the early 1970s...

On 10/18/2019 at 12:21 PM, M235Ozark said:

u cant compare the m235 to a 23lsv, you need to compare to a 25lsv 

m235 has little taller but absolutely shorter wave. many prefer the 25 wave due to its length larger riding area. ppl refer to push in various ways whether thats from a steep wave or ability to ride way back. M235 overpriced malibu for the wave and will have hard resale compared to a guarantee with a G23. the 235 wave is better than the G23 but resale..big iff... frankly I as well never understood the 235. 

now I'm even more disappointed they made it a 240 instead of a 255 seems pointless for hardly anymore boat, the 235 was tiny and cramped compared to the room in a 25lsv.

a M255 would have made sense, everyone else is getting boats over 25ft except Malibu. knowing them they will add a m245 and a 24lsv to the line up next year and it will be another game changer .. match some other brands and do a darn m260 or 270 or something that is an actual game changer! its going to be 2020 and not one darn wakeboat company's gone past 8'6.., yet pontoons have been doing it for a decade! maybe we can get barletta to make us an expanding wakeboat? ha 

19 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

its going to be 2020 and not one darn wakeboat company's gone past 8'6.., yet pontoons have been doing it for a decade!

Hulk! We don’t all live on lakes with lifts. West coast, I would say, 99% tow. There are limits. 😎 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, CJAY said:

I haven't surfed an M series, but from those that have I hear they aren't as good as the 25 lsv.  The largest draw back I saw when climbing around in an m235 was the lack of storage for its size.  Compared to a G23, which is the model type it was built to compete with, it has very little storage.  The only plus is the lack of PNP, but being who I am I'd still throw extra weight at it.

I honestly never saw the point of the M235, I didn't think it was better than multiple other malibu models, and actually though it lost some of the sleak look I love about malibu.  If was going to buy that type of model boat, at that price point, I'd do a G over an M235 10 out of 10 times having spent a lot of time in Gs.   Still that being said I wouldn't' take either of them over my 25lsv

I could store 4 surf boards under my seats . The m235 had more storage than any other Malibu . My buddy bought a 19 25 lsv and after riding behind my m said he bought the wrong boat . The g 23 has. Nothing on the m series that is why they built the paragon. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

I could store 4 surf boards under my seats . The m235 had more storage than any other Malibu . My buddy bought a 19 25 lsv and after riding behind my m said he bought the wrong boat . The g 23 has. Nothing on the m series that is why they built the paragon. 

I am Interested on your opinion on the G ,  I Love the look of my M and love the wave , No Issues with storage , Just Very disappointed with build quality and hate the vinyl they use on the seats, This is one of the main reasons I cant order another malibu until that changes. I am considering changing to a G23 this year but haven't ridden one yet ,I have crawled all over them and love the build quality and attention to detail .  From all videoes I have seen the Malibu vs Nautique wave look totally different . ?  I am very interested on views from people who have owned both a Late Malibu and g23

Thanks

4 hours ago, LucasC said:

I am Interested on your opinion on the G ,  I Love the look of my M and love the wave , No Issues with storage , Just Very disappointed with build quality and hate the vinyl they use on the seats, This is one of the main reasons I cant order another malibu until that changes. I am considering changing to a G23 this year but haven't ridden one yet ,I have crawled all over them and love the build quality and attention to detail .  From all videoes I have seen the Malibu vs Nautique wave look totally different . ?  I am very interested on views from people who have owned both a Late Malibu and g23

Thanks

few G guys around here were also about fed up with small issues as well so they all seem to have kinks, that being said the Gs definitely do have some more attention to detail under the hood, thicker beefier construction for sure , way less flexing and rattling when hitting waves as well.. not a fan of the wave though. I would go G25 but wave is meh.. price is stupid, interior is great but exterior looks dont do it for me.. paragon doubt I'll see one in the wild around here I'll have to hit up a show this winter

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

f650! ha

Any of the modern diesel HD trucks can easily handle way more than the heaviest wakeboat weight. As far as over width, you can get a permit that lasts a year. Dont know how much, but for 9' wide, and under DOT wt req. It would prolly be affordable for us who have 100k+ boats. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

few G guys around here were also about fed up with small issues as well so they all seem to have kinks, that being said the Gs definitely do have some more attention to detail under the hood, thicker beefier construction for sure , way less flexing and rattling when hitting waves as well.. not a fan of the wave though. I would go G25 but wave is meh.. price is stupid, interior is great but exterior looks dont do it for me.. paragon dount I'll see one in the wild around here I'll have to hit up a show this winter

G is great boat great interior quality  but wake and wave is not good as Malibu. I ride both and many other brands so far Malibu is #1. I wish to ride new G23 paragon but $300k is unreal, I can buy a little lake house , jest ski and new Malibu for that money.