Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

On 9/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, Cazan said:

Do you mean the C7 Z06 or 6th Gen Camaro ZL1?  They have the LT4.  That would make sense since it replaced the LSA.

The the C7 ZR1 is the LT5, 755 hp & 715 lbft torque.  

Yes my mistake the ZO6 LT4.  Sorry

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Base MSRP looks a good bit less than the M235.  About 4-5k less if I remember the other build sheets that have been posted.  Are these prices negotiated down a bit already?

Anyways, I guess that's the end of the M235 then right?

20k negotiated price for the stereo seems a bit steep. If you are dropping that kind of money it probably doesnt matter, but when the radio is a little less than 10% of the cost that seems way too much like a money grab.

6 minutes ago, Brantb said:

20k negotiated price for the stereo seems a bit steep. If you are dropping that kind of money it probably doesnt matter, but when the radio is a little less than 10% of the cost that seems way too much like a money grab.

Yeah. That blows my mind.  We can build that exact stereo and it'll sound WAY better, have better DSPs, and it'll be close to half that price, and that's at retail prices.  Maybe keep the RGB controller for kicks, but after you use it a few times you'd just set one color anyways and forget about it.  Just an OTS controller can manage that. But like you said, if you're tossing that much money at a boat, then what's a little more?  I can't wait to ride in one! 

6 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Is 'Surf Gate fusion' something new or just new nomenclature?

It is likely the new feature that is only specific to the M240.  Which sounds like traditional surfgate but tucked into the side of the hull. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

It is likely the new feature that is only specific to the M240.  Which sounds like traditional surfgate but tucked into the side of the hull. 

Oh ya, I forgot about that tidbit that was discussed previously.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, ORMailbuboater said:

Rumor Update:  Dealer discussion yesterday informed that the M240 announcement is just 2-3 weeks away.   Dealers have been briefed from Malibu on M240 introduction.  

Expect to see a LT-4 engine variant as standard.   Based off Corvette ZO6 Supercharged 6.2L V8. If same as ZR1 expect 650HP  & 650 lbft Torque.  To be added to the engine line up as an option for other LSV, MXZ models.  

I couldn't be happier with this news.  I am curious which other boats they will offer the LT4 in.  Will it make it to the 22 LSV.  I guess I will just have to wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Slurpee said:

Yeah. That blows my mind.  We can build that exact stereo and it'll sound WAY better, have better DSPs, and it'll be close to half that price, and that's at retail prices.  Maybe keep the RGB controller for kicks, but after you use it a few times you'd just set one color anyways and forget about it.  Just an OTS controller can manage that. But like you said, if you're tossing that much money at a boat, then what's a little more?  I can't wait to ride in one! 

Rumour is that there are more amps and more speakers in this boat, quite a few more.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, COOP said:

Rumour is that there are more amps and more speakers in this boat, quite a few more.

They wouldn't need more if they'd properly balance all their inputs so that they could actually use the power of the amplifiers to really make use of the speakers they already have.  More speakers is a waste.  Two in the bow, four in the Cabin, two in the cockpit for the driver.  That's the most that's needed.  Subs... 1 or 2 tops for any tow boat.  Tower is definitely users choice.  Now, I can totally believe they're actually going to start using more amplifiers for the cabin.  Especially if they're planning on actually tuning for sound with the DSP technology.  That requires one channel per speaker to do right.  Mostly though, I just hope they actually get rid of all the beeps, burps, chirps, clicks, and cutouts for once.

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Something is definitely wrong with that price sheet. It’s missing a bunch of panels of gel coat at the top. And the pricing is all over the board: some higher than MSRP, some lower than MSRP. 

This doesn't resemble any M240 build sheet I’ve ever seen. You gotta love when dealers muck with the pricing like this (if that’s indeed what happened). Is it so hard to just print the MSRP sheet and quote a number below that??

Wait? How many M240 build sheets have you seen? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The real question we shoujd should be asking is how many or how big the pumps are able t o fill 6  ballast in less than a minute???  😁 that’s the rumor on the  Screeeet 🤐

Edited by spikew919
1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

The real question we shoujd should be asking is how many or how big the pumps are able t o fill 6  ballast in less than a minute???  😁 that’s the rumor on the  Screeeet 🤐

3.5 minutes to fill

3 hours ago, spikew919 said:

I’ve seen a few. Lol

But I’ve also see a dozen or so 2020 build sheets from other models, and I have all the MSRP pricing. Bottom line, that build sheet posted above looks fishy af. 

• Like 3

One of three things,  the purchase build sheet above isn’t real.    The $211,981.00 is dealer cost.  Or and just maybe Malibu got their pricing in line with the G23/G25? Build sheet above has no trailer cost on it.

Edited by Capdoogie
16 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

One of three things,  the purchase build sheet above isn’t real.    The $211,981.00 is dealer cost.  Or and just maybe Malibu got their pricing in line with the G23/G25? Build sheet above has no trailer cost on it.

There’s a “no trailer” credit. That’s normal for folks who don’t want a trailer.