Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Service Required - MIL Light

I have read some on this but... first day out with my 2015 T22 we went through the no wake zone then ran about 23 mph for about a mile and a half turned boat off... sat for about 10 min. Fired it back up idled for about 10 seconds then that MIL warning light popped up. I turned it off immediately. Turned it back on and it never happened again the rest of the day... surfed wakeboarded and drove it a pretty good distance. Only 136 hours on it. I asked the previous owner about it and he said it only happened 1 time last year while loading it on the trailer. Said he only had it out three times this year. Boat looks and runs like brand new. This is my 3rd Axis and 4th Malibu product. Seems to be a common problem. It has the 350 Monsoon. No codes stored on display. 

Edited by DylanR

Congratulations on your new boat and getting back on the water. You can call the Service Rep, but he won’t tell you anything over the phone other than “it could be a lot of things, you will just have to bring it in”. For me it would be kind of a toss up between piece of mind and keeping your summer. It might be something simple they could get sone in a day.

• 1 month later...

Mine did the same several times this last summer. We have a 13 LSV WITH 720 hours with the Monsoon 350 in it.  We took it in and both cats were bad. Light hasn’t came back on since.