Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GatorStep swim deck install

kylesullens

removed the original black rubber swim deck pad and replaced with Gatorstep. also did the traction pads on top of the gunnel.  removed the terrible sandpaper stuff.

completely sub-countered the bolts that hold the ladder on.  the GS pad went on very quickly.

I am very happy with the color match and texture/design of the gatprstep pad.  the template could have been more exact - there is over an inch of fiberglass visible all around the pad.  That is my only complaint.  GS didn't send me a template kit - they told me they had a template for my swim deck.  if I were to do it again,  i would pay the extra to do a paper template to get a better fit. 

overall very happy with the GS and would recommend it.  I will be doing the floor over the winter.

20190817_210915.jpg

20190817_220857.jpg

20190818_122930.jpg

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Nice work.  And are those your classics in the background?

yep I have an addiction to classic chevys.  as of now the collection is

51 5-window pickup

62 corvair monza convertible

69 Nova

70 K20 4x4 truck

72 Blazer 4x4

• 3 weeks later...

I worked up one of the corners of the old pad with the scraper, which came up pretty easy. So long as you pull slowly and at a sharp angle, most of the adhesive came up with the pad.  Very little left over on the deck, which I removed with Goo-Off and an abrasive sponge.   Entire process of removing the pad and prepping the deck for the new pad took about 20 minutes.  My pad was cracked in several places, so I had to make sure that I pulled it all up together so I wasn't left with a bunch of little pieces of rubber stuck to the deck.  Again, not a hard process.  You'll be surprised how easy it comes up.