Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New MXZ, can not get to the bow ring to anchor

bkearney

We took our new 2018 MXZ out tonite for an inaugural ride (YEAH!).  We go on a local lake with minimal wind, so we have a small mushroom anchor. On our old boat, we would tie a bowline onto the bow ring and we were good. On the new boat, we can not get to the ring from inside the boat. Can we run some webbing from the metal ring inside the anchor box? If not, is there a secret for achoring on these pickle fork boats?

Thanks in advance!

-- bk

On 8/16/2019 at 7:57 PM, bkearney said:

We took our new 2018 MXZ out tonite for an inaugural ride (YEAH!).  We go on a local lake with minimal wind, so we have a small mushroom anchor. On our old boat, we would tie a bowline onto the bow ring and we were good. On the new boat, we can not get to the ring from inside the boat. Can we run some webbing from the metal ring inside the anchor box? If not, is there a secret for achoring on these pickle fork boats?

Thanks in advance!

-- bk

Not sure what issue your are having, I have a 2019 24 MXZ and can attach a rope pretty easily from the bow.

If you are so short that you can't reach.  Consider typing off a stub rope to the bow loopand stick the end in the anchor locker.  Then hook to the stub rope when you need to anchor. 

I find it hard to believe that any size mushroom anchor is going to hold a wakeboat in place. Get thee a box anchor. 

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 3
On 8/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, bkearney said:

@oldjeep you are the second person to suggest the box anchor. I will need to check that out. It looks like slide anchor is he brand to check out?

Yes, Slide Anchor is the brand.  You could also try a Danik hook from them to help with the bow eye problem.  With it you would not have to tie the knot, just clip it in.

14 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

Yes, Slide Anchor is the brand.  You could also try a Danik hook from them to help with the bow eye problem.  With it you would not have to tie the knot, just clip it in.

Thanks. I will put that on the fathers day wish list!