Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding lead bow weight to a 2018 24 MXZ

SBMaybee

Have a lot of bow rise when surfing and can't see over the bow when sitting.  Have to kneel on set or stand.  Want to sit!  I put a 400lb ballast sac up front and it got the bow down so I can see over it when sitting and made the wave better.   Anyone know if there is an aftermarket ballast that can be installed up there to add this additional weight, or do I need to be stuffing a bunch of 50 lb steel shot bags up there in nooks and crannies?  If steel shot bags are the best/only solution, any insight on where to put it and how to get to where to put it?  

I stashed a 50# lead wake bag behind each bow speaker in my LSV. I stashed 50# behind the sub, 50# under the watchers seat pushed all the way up towards bow, and I normally throw x2 50# bags in the center walkway to the bow.

Also, Inland Curl wake makes a seat riser for the newer boats.

Screenshot_20190816-202710_Facebook.jpg