Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Monsoon 350 SS fuel pump relay gets hot and quits working.

I have 2013 Malibu Response with the Moonsoon 350ss and keep having to replace the fuel pump relay because they get hot and quit working. The fuses has never needed to be replaced, but I am baffled. Any help would be very appreciated. 

Could be a bad fuel pump.  Mechanical resistance inside the pump can result in higher-than-normal average pump current. A clogged fuel filter or fuel line restriction will also increase pump current.  Relay could be a symptom of possible other problem.  Check the amperage if you can. If higher than normal that could lead you to the culprit.  

I have the same engine and year with the same problem. After many failed fixes, the dealer replaced a portion of the wiring harness. The manufacturer knew of the problem but apparently did not tell many dealers about it. I wish I could give you more detail but it was done under warranty and I never saw any paperwork.

Does your boat have a heater? If so does it have a heater assist pump? Back in the 13 14 model years the heater assist pump would pull power from the fuel pump circuit over loading the relay. I replaced allot of engine harnesses when this would happen.