Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Powerwedge wont go down

Need help! when i deploy the powerwedge it only moves a little and then wont move at all. It there an override anywhere or tech tips. thanks.

To be sure you can check them with a cordless drill battery by disconnecting the actuators from the wedge, finding the ends of the wire and see if they will move in or out.  Mine were spliced in almost directly above the engine with all the other wires.  Bakes sells them and if you are a paid member on this site you get a discount.

33 minutes ago, ctaylornes said:

thank you ill try the drill battery 

You can also use a 12 volt jump starter if you have one handy.

On my 2008 the splice connections were in the bilge area on the starboard side. There is one black and one white wire from the helm and it splices into the two actuators.

• 7 months later...

I got a similar problem with my 2007 wakesetter 23 lsv. The PowerWedge seemed to go down, also the display in the cockpit showed the power wedge moving down. So now the display's show's that the powerwedge is maximum down, but if i control it it's still all on the top! I can't move it at all, when i push the button's for moving the powerwedge nothing happens... Did someone have the same problem or can someone please help me?

If jumping the power wires works as they say above, you might be able to follow my work around.  I had an issue where my power wedge module (built into the Medallion on my year) went bad, causing the wedge to not move at all.  Dealer wanted $1,300 for new Medallion.  No thanks..  It was an easy fix to bypass the power wedge module entirely.  Remove white/black wires going into the Medallion for the Power Wedge.  Bought a DPDT (double pole double throw) rocker switch and bakes sells the power wedge rocker switch plate cover.  Re-routed the power wedge wires to that switch and mounted the switch under the dash, bottom right.  Make sure you add an inline 30Amp fuse after that switch > to the Power Wedge.  Your gauge should still work since that is a separate circuit and sensor, mine does.

my Boat is actually in the water and i was hoping there's a solution where i don't have to take it out of the water... It was strange because while pushing the button down it looked like it was moving. and now nothing happens anymore by pressing the power wedge buttons

• 2 years later...

@hawaiianstyln......my module is bad as well but it is a 2007 and does not have the external sensor. Apparently the module reads the resistance on the actuators to determine if the wedge is up or down. Mine gauge shows down all the time and thus when I go above 25mph my "wedge is deployed" alarm goes off......literally every 2-3 minutes. Very annoying. The module has been bypassed with a direct line to the actuators to operate them but I have yet to figure out how to bypass the module to get the alarm to stop working. I don't mind paying for a new module but have not been able to find the correct one yet.