Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine noise reduction

SBMaybee

Have a 2018 24 MXZ with 575 hp supercharged engine. It’s a lot louder than my 2011 Tige RZ4 with the 450. Anyone quiet thing down by installing BoomMat or  Dynomat around engine compartment?  

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll m reading here that an FAE will cut the engine noise by 1/2.  (Use search function and read all the FAE threads.  Also check out the YouTube videos on it.  Pretty convincing with the before and after sounds side by side).  I’m also reading more that a few members advocate for doing the “muffler delete” if you are putting in an FAE.  Theoretically quiets the boat down a bit more and makes more room in the back of the engine for you to get to the impeller. 

-Whitecap 

"Boat Exhaust Noise with Fresh Air Exhaust it typically reduced about 4 decibels to 6 decibels; this is considered a 50% reduction in perceived noise levels.  Tige Boats tested FAE to comply with the strict noise reduction standards in the European Union and recorded noise reductions of up to 9 decibels."  FAE website.  NONE of these would be considered halving loudness.    No doubt it is less noisy , but in half- I doubt it.