Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What?

Eagleboy99

Power Foiling is plenty fun but can not substitute the fun of a gathering of folks in a boat to enjoy a day on the lake. Keep in mind you are riding around by yourself with a very limited amount of ride time  - VS - hanging out all day/all weekend/all week with a bunch of friends and family and enjoying water sports of all sorts.

Can't wait to see them with a bimini and cooler - LOL

Talked to Brian Grubb and Parks while they were tooling around on very similar foils at Wakefest in TN.  $12.5k for what they were tooling around on.  Looked like a lot of fun, but not that much $ fun!  I was told much of the cost is in the battery.  So obviously there is potential for drastic price cuts as batteries continue to be improved.

• 4 months later...

I got a Lift eFoil a couple of months ago and have been riding it an hour or more everyday since then. It's an awesome experience. Yes, it's very expensive. I'd followed the company for a few years, hoping to see a price break, and to see new developments. Glad I waited. The price didn't change (still $12K) but there are now 4 board and wing choices. Having ridden a SkySki for years, and wake-foiled for a couple, I got the short/Pro model, for higher speeds and faster turns. The shorter board is inherently more difficult to ride, but offers higher performance.

All foiling experiences are unique with the feeling of the foil cutting through the water so cleanly and effortlessly. The Lift rocks. Top speed supposed to be 25mph; I'm not sure I've fully maxed out the speed yet. At around 20 or so, my head starts to wonder "Do I really want to fall and get launched at this speed?"

Definitely easier to ride than a wake foil, due to its weight and the stability. My daughter (31) worked hard and fought with the wake foil, as it is so very sensitive. She got up on the Lift in about 30 minutes, and was riding steadily at 12-14mph an hour or so after that. With a giant smile on her face. Said it was the closest to flying that she could imagine. She had a couple of other guys her age up and riding in that same amount of time.

My wife/best boat driver probably loves it most of all as her driving duties have lessened from every day to about every 3rd day. We're both good with that.

There are more and more places to go for demo rides. You'll start on a longer board, and with proper instruction,  you're sure to get up. If you haven't ridden any type of foil before, you'll instantly love the experience of slicing through and gliding above the water. Only downside is you'll soon start thinking about how to get one for yourself.