Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl discoloration when wet

Mattb422

I’m assuming others have seen vinyl discoloration when interior is wet over night. Anything out there to seal it so it does not soak up the water and cause it. Or just let it go.

2B651D69-B7E7-420E-BE56-00F373219D8E.jpeg

640069CE-17F2-4268-B1C3-B5950D1E48F3.jpeg

0E734F71-615F-41C4-A952-F6AC26A9F4ED.jpeg

7EE6B37D-2B26-4EB3-BE74-C88BC4AF4CDD.jpeg

normal for the new 2019/2020 vinyl.  Once it dries the discoloration goes away. Theory is that it is breathable which keeps it cooler. No clue if that is really how it works.

9 minutes ago, gregtay said:

normal for the new 2019/2020 vinyl.  Once it dries the discoloration goes away. Theory is that it is breathable which keeps it cooler. No clue if that is really how it works.

Ya nice and breathable lol 

3 hours ago, gregtay said:

Yep, our 2019 does the same thing but it’s much more noticeable on your dark brown interior than my gray interior. Sucks, my wife always says it looks “diseased”. 

I have a 2019 with the new vinyl and the colors are mainly vapor blue with accents of dark graphite and black. Ours discolors slightly and we live in Las Vegas, still having 110 degree temps, and I can tell you that this interior cools off very quickly. We also have had no problems with the graphite or black accents. It must breath because when we start moving, it all cools off very rapidly. I love the new interior. If you don't like it, wait a year or two until they come up with something different. Seems like it changes every 2-3 years. 

7 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I have a 2019 with the new vinyl and the colors are mainly vapor blue with accents of dark graphite and black. Ours discolors slightly and we live in Las Vegas, still having 110 degree temps, and I can tell you that this interior cools off very quickly. We also have had no problems with the graphite or black accents. It must breath because when we start moving, it all cools off very rapidly. I love the new interior. If you don't like it, wait a year or two until they come up with something different. Seems like it changes every 2-3 years. 

It’s not that I don’t like it, just slightly scary every morning you walk out and see different colors lol 

• Like 1