Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Considerations for Larger Lakes

DAI

On 8/23/2019 at 5:00 AM, The Hulk said:

I'll bet the new m245 will be alright!,

lake Geneva!,  Pavati AL26 should be chump change at 300k! 

Not going to happen.  Though there was one spotted out there last summer.  Video was floating around the WI wake FB page.

Edited by DAI
On 8/23/2019 at 7:46 AM, bjw444 said:

I just got a axis a24 and coming from a axis t23 it’s amazing how much smoother the a24 is. 

What year was the t23 and what year is the a24?  For perspective.

• 1 year later...

Been over a year, but finally decided on which new boat to get.  I placed an order for a new G23 today.  It wasn't even on my initial list to consider, but after the demo, and looking at and riding other brands, it was the one that fit for my family the best. 

Now it's just the waiting game since the factory appears to be really backed up. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DAI said:

Been over a year, but finally decided on which new boat to get.  I placed an order for a new G23 today.  It wasn't even on my initial list to consider, but after the demo, and looking at and riding other brands, it was the one that fit for my family the best. 

Now it's just the waiting game since the factory appears to be really backed up. 

They are too busy pumping out Paragons..

7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

They are too busy pumping out Paragons..

I'm dumbfounded, given the price points, by how many G23s and Paragons they must be selling to be so backed up.  

56 minutes ago, DAI said:

I'm dumbfounded, given the price points, by how many G23s and Paragons they must be selling to be so backed up.  

Covid didn't help or should I say it actually did for the entire industry frankly..apart from delays.

on the Ps I'm surprised it's such a large portion of their qtys , Ps were roughly 25% of their production based on what a dealer told me long ago so I checked back in with him a month ago and they said at least that still.. crazy givin price point! Good for them though I like the Ps but the price is a bit nuts.. an m240 roughly 220-225k out the door. The P25 is basically $270-280 out the door not sure on the P23 but I'd imagine only $20-25k less. Thant was pre pandemmy though.. with demand and shortages I'm curious to see if the entire industry has an abnormal price increase this year

Edited by The Hulk
10 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Covid didn't help or should I say it actually did for the entire industry frankly..apart from delays.

on the Ps I'm surprised it's such a large portion of their qtys , Ps were roughly 25% of their production based on what a dealer told me long ago so I checked back in with him a month ago and they said at least that still.. crazy givin price point! Good for them though I like the Ps but the price is a bit nuts.. an m240 roughly 220-225k out the door. The P25 is basically $270-280 out the door not sure on the P23 but I'd imagine only $20-25k less. Thant was pre pandemmy though.. with demand and shortages I'm curious to see if the entire industry has an abnormal price increase this year

Just less discounts being given

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Malibu went up by 2-3ish percent. So it’s actually less increase than normal. 

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

G23 base price went from $166k in 2020 to $180k in 2021... an increase of $14k (12%). 

Yikes!  Even more than the dealer told us. Maybe an average of 9% across the lineup?

Curious if Malibu can't keep up why less than normal or do lack of discounts come out to similar price hikes without initial sticker shock?

Unless they plan to buy more market share? But again if u can't keep up raise price.. 

12 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Curious if Malibu can't keep up why less than normal or do lack of discounts come out to similar price hikes without initial sticker shock?

Unless they plan to buy more market share? But again if u can't keep up raise price.. 

Lower discounts are mostly up to the dealer, although I'm sure their dealer factory incentives don't have to be as rich as in lean times. Seems like Malibu plays the game from the option up side, rather than base price increases, and rolls out more gizmos every year that add up to more margin. The new Ms move their average price point up too, as well as their refreshed MXZs.

Kind of crazy, but a moderately equipped 23 LSV is turning into a price point boat in the higher end wake boat category. You'll see a lot more of those sold this year. 

7 hours ago, NWBU said:

Lower discounts are mostly up to the dealer, although I'm sure their dealer factory incentives don't have to be as rich as in lean times. Seems like Malibu plays the game from the option up side, rather than base price increases, and rolls out more gizmos every year that add up to more margin. The new Ms move their average price point up too, as well as their refreshed MXZs.

Kind of crazy, but a moderately equipped 23 LSV is turning into a price point boat in the higher end wake boat category. You'll see a lot more of those sold this year. 

And a 25 is hardly any more money! Many ppp write this off without even looking at the tiny price difference for a far superior boat/wave. 25 is the budget boat in this industry IMO.