Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bags draining during the day...

gvb

Thru hull fittings to Jabsco impeller pumps with brand new yellow impellers connected to Fly High Pro X 750 rear bags with the anti-suction fittings on the bottom front ports.

Riders will start to complain that the wake push is weakening and when I pop the rear, I find both bags about 75% full.  Refill them, and the same thing happens again by the time the next rider is up.

I thought these impeller pumps were not supposed to allow any water to pass through them?

One side has a dedicated pump... the other side is split with a Y valve to another bag... next time I'm out, I'll turn the valve to confirm that bag does not lose water during the day.

Thoughts?

Edited by gvb

I noticed my bags drained some in my old VLX with the impeller pumps.  I think one or two others have noticed as well.  I upgraded boats and never got around to trying to fix it, I just had to fill them a few times a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else had this issue?  I'm guessing because my rear 750 bags are so full they are pushing water back out past the impeller... I have one bag on a Y valve and when it is closed, it (obviously) doesn't drain back.  I assume if I replace the 750 bags with 1100 I won't have that issue because the bags won't be bulging, or I could just move one of my other Y valves to the other rear side.

27 minutes ago, gvb said:

Anyone else had this issue?  I'm guessing because my rear 750 bags are so full they are pushing water back out past the impeller... I have one bag on a Y valve and when it is closed, it (obviously) doesn't drain back.  I assume if I replace the 750 bags with 1100 I won't have that issue because the bags won't be bulging, or I could just move one of my other Y valves to the other rear side.

I was having the issue using the 910# Wakemakers universal fit bags (I still have if your interested in, and am not using in my new boat).  I think it is from the gravity pressure with the pump fill/drain on the bottom of the bag and possibly just enough imperfection in either the impeller or pump to let the water pass back thru while the pump is not on.

We have this issue when we fill past about 3/4 full. So we added an inline ball valve between the drain side of pump and the thru hull exit.

Aye.. appreciate the responses... I'm fairly certain filling the bags past 3/4 just puts too much pressure on the pump and pushes water back out... I'll move my Y valve on that side of the boat and call it good.