Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center tank ballast gauge sending unit

Housch

Pull the front cushions and carpeted panel exposing the tank and the sending unit. Unplug the wires and remove the 6 screws holding the sending unit in to the tank. It is Moeller ballast tank with a Moeller sending unit. I would be surprised if it is bad.

• 8 months later...

I have a similar issue with a sensor not registering on a 2015 247 LSV on center ballast.    What are other issues other than the sensor being bad.

The sensors are literally a floating ring around a rod, so they are a super simple design. I would be more inclined to believe that the connectors are disconnected or barely connected, the wire to the sensor has been cut by a screw or the wire has some how been ripped out of, off of the sensor. I would pull that sensor (6x 5/16" IIRC), power up the dash and raise the ring up and down on the rod to see if it registers.  If not, starting at the sensor, work my way away from the sensor to the connection which you should see within a foot or so of the sensor. Bend, pull and push everything to discount a bad connection and continue to work your down the wire until you run out of arm or length or wire. If you have traced it down as far as you can and still haven't found the issue, swap out a sensor from another tank to confirm. JM2C Bill

• Like 1