Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to do for additional bow weight

Brandonloos21

Bought the WakeMAKERS custom 400 lb front bow bag (because when I called and was asking about fittings they mentioned to me that only their 400lb bag would fit up front) and now wishing I would have gone bigger as I’m trying to make the wave a bit longer, and see some people run up to 650 up front.  I have 750pnps for the rear. I’m wondering if there’s enough room to shove ~200lb in sandbags in the bow around the bag.. if not what else would you suggest. Boat is a 17 Axis t23 by the way. 

Edited by Brandonloos21

These work well, I placed one behind each 8" speaker in the bow of my '18 LSV.  I also placed one behind the sub and 1 in the watchers under seat storage area pushed as far forward as possible. 

1 hour ago, jwl019 said:

These work well, I placed one behind each 8" speaker in the bow of my '18 LSV.  I also placed one behind the sub and 1 in the watchers under seat storage area pushed as far forward as possible. 

What do you mean behind the speakers?

19 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

What do you mean behind the speakers?

I removed the screws holding the speakers and wiggled a 50# bag behind them and pushed the bag just far enough back towards the windshield out of the way that I could put the speaker back in without the back of the speaker hitting thd bag.  50# barely fits behind an 8" speaker and is tough to move around, but can be done.  A 25#-35# would be easier!

20190518_090211.jpg

ahopkins22LSV

Is the 400lb bag the axis plug n play bag for under the seats? Have you looked to see if there is space available after you fill it? Maybe you can fit a bigger bag although the 400 pounds sounds about right for what most people use. I’m sure if you put a few 50lb bags under the ballast bag you wouldn’t loose that much water capacity and it will be helpful and out of the way at all times. 

10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Is the 400lb bag the axis plug n play bag for under the seats? Have you looked to see if there is space available after you fill it? Maybe you can fit a bigger bag although the 400 pounds sounds about right for what most people use. I’m sure if you put a few 50lb bags under the ballast bag you wouldn’t loose that much water capacity and it will be helpful and out of the way at all times. 

I haven’t really tried to check too in-depth. The way the axis t23 bow is opened when the seats are off is a very small opening, which gets covered by bow bag when filled. I see people running 650’s so I might try and throw some weight in the back near the helm and passenger side of the bow. 

We found 6 solid steel bars that are 24" long and 4.125" in diameter. Used to be a very large drill bit. Wrapped them with Gorilla tape. They weigh 85lbs each. Put them in the under seat ice chests in the bow.