Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 wake surf axis a22

Maroco

I just purchased an Axis A22 2013 and it has a great wakeboarding wake. But the surf wave is not that great. I need help figuring out how to get it setup. I have the plug N play bags and I fill them all up and put 6 people and it almost seemed like to much weight. With that much weight I could not drop the fin. Help! What should I do. I am thinking the older hull is the problem here. 

I had a 2012 A22 and we had a nice wave dialed in.  I had a large home made surfgate that attached to the platform.  I would fill rear and front pnp full.  Put a 250lbs. Bag up front and a 400lbs bag on the surf side seats.  Sometimes we would throw the 250lbs In the rear for a taller wave as in this photo.  Either way it was a great wave.  We never surf with the wedge.  We have the power wedge on our new boat and don't use it.  People will tell you your crazy but I know other good surfers who also keep wedge stowed. 65306232_10156493645792219_2822654177673

The boat will love some extra bow weight.  PNP and the wedge in the rear is a lot in the back of the boat to get on plane.  Fill the pnp, skip the wedge, add some bow weight and attach a suck-gate.

Pre-surfgate, you will want a lot of weight overall - and a gate-device (aka suckgate).  You can find them here: https://www.wakemakers.com/wakesurf-systems, either the Wakesurf Edge or pro.

A lot of weight means all PNP filled, plus 3-400 lead, half on the passenger side, half in the bow.  That suction/shaping device on the opposite side you surf.

I owned and surfed a '12 A22 for 3 years. Great boat. With six people in the boat, full plug and play ballast, and some sort of wake shaper you should be good to go.