Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

14 hours ago, asnowman said:

That's about how our usage went this year too, and almost the same situation in our house (except that neither of us were competitive waterskiers).  In fairness, though, we do go all over the lake for surf water, sometimes spending an hour getting there and back.  We ski right in front of the house, at idle it takes 2 minutes to get to our set-up point so almost all the hours on the LXi are from actually skiing.

LXi = 25

25 LSV = 100

house is on the right on this picture.... cause we need more pictures right now

1775243821_46539(002).thumb.jpeg.be99ed5320159cfb73da85d3c060a6e0.jpeg

Damn near the same situation as us.  We've put 20 hours on the RLXI and 60 on the VLX.  We don't have to run to get to surf water where we keep the VLX.  It stays on a lake that's only 8 miles from our house where we keep the RLXi.  That's an idle to warm up, set up, then all skiing.  

11 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Glass on a summer Saturday afternoon in the PNW at the local 3 lane launch. 
9BCABBCE-EDA6-41C3-A2D3-A112883A9946.thumb.jpeg.f58c0b2960941e890e251c1f48ceaf36.jpeg

We were going to get some skiing in this morning, but while there was probably glass like that, there is also lots of smoke just like that too. We’re trying to stay inside as much as we can until the smoke clears.

46 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Glass on a summer Saturday afternoon in the PNW at the local 3 lane launch. 
9BCABBCE-EDA6-41C3-A2D3-A112883A9946.thumb.jpeg.f58c0b2960941e890e251c1f48ceaf36.jpeg

Way worse than Shasta. It's "closed down" by the USDA until Tuesday. Though some marina(s) choose to sign a waiver and open up, mine did't... Not sure I 'd want to be out there anyway, going to need my lungs later on. Just hope and pray the lake pirates leave my boat alone as I'm not even allowed to go on the dock.

I skied today and the smoke was hideous.  But I was the only boat out and there wasn't a ripple on the water that I didn't make or even a puff of wind.  I've often found biohazards on the lake make for the best ski days if you've got the immune system for it.  

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

We had brutal fires/smoke a couple years back - glassy glass.  It does not bother me.   But a neighbour was training for Ironman and it messed up his lungs.

All Ironman training inside till the smoke goes away.... it will mess you up! :-/  Quite sad really because my wife and I had some fun long rides/runs planned for the weekend... but nope :-/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, powbmps said:

Low ceiling with 55 air and 55 water.  This time of year is great.  Almost all the boats are pulled, and no one is fishing.

bo4PiBA.jpg 

Looks great!  How do you like the Prostar wakes compared to the RLXi?

5 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Looks great!  How do you like the Prostar wakes compared to the RLXi?

That's a tricky question, as I really enjoy skiing behind my boat.  I don't really notice a difference behind the Prostar, but I'm not picky.  We have been learning to ski the course all summer, so running 15 off at just 30 mph.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Air 40, water 56. Not at 100 deg rule but the sun was warm. And my TXi has an awesome heater!!

E1C3FC56-212B-462C-95AE-5C3A03C76A71.jpeg

Brr! It's almost June and the water is still that cold? Crazy considering the early ice out. 

15 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Brr! It's almost June and the water is still that cold? Crazy considering the early ice out. 

It’s been a lousy spring. Water had risen to mid 60’s but we’ve had a cold and windy snap where temps got down to mid 30’s at night and high 40’s/low 50’s for several days. It’ll be back to 60’s by end of this week.