Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Today was great in Michigan too. Little to no wind all day and the sun came out in between my first and second sets. Not done yet!0038CFFD-7145-476F-8CF3-634C617D006E.thumb.jpeg.46fd13fd36c34c285e6dfbe37fdf36e4.jpeg

41CB1CC7-DCB6-45EA-B68F-7312E0BEF768.thumb.jpeg.04507b8638b9793992244a0eff36ba58.jpeg

2F0DA231-F4B4-4AA8-95E6-8BD2436F0E7C.thumb.jpeg.d88921c0a7498e46a7ce7295b61e428f.jpeg

Speed and line length again please?

ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Speed and line length again please?

34.2mph and -32 off from the center pylon. 200lb of lead in the bow. I offset it to the port side to help flatten the wake out from the list of the prop. 

• Thanks 1

Great day on Lake Kessus! Water 58 and air 62. Went with the dry suit. Probably could have gone wet suit but I thought the water would have been cooler. Buddies Supra with the fly-high is our primary foiling boat. He doesn’t winterize so we will go as long as there is no ice. Hopefully a couple more days like this!

9C156968-70D4-446A-B409-0A5C61092A3F.jpeg

The season is done for us. All of our ski boats are out and the lake should start coming down starting the first.  I pulled my boat last week Water was 44 Air 40 . We have had three nights below freezing and I have a full calendar for the next week or more.  If the weather is not to bad tomorrow I still need to drain and add antifreeze, oil is done. A Sad time but up in the North its a good feeling when all is done.

It wasn’t this way all day ,nice for ride home Saturday, Sunday’s temps at 6 pm and 4 pm ,  air was a little generous but the water seemed dead on

8F5651BD-1164-460D-81E4-5242C39EEF8C.jpeg

9EAD3DC1-D4C2-40B7-8E92-E9014B8C85A4.jpeg

D3E40CEF-F524-4597-9579-0493A21F0C97.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

It wasn’t this way all day ,nice for ride home Saturday, Sunday’s temps at 6 pm and 4 pm ,  air was a little generous but the water seemed dead on

8F5651BD-1164-460D-81E4-5242C39EEF8C.jpeg

9EAD3DC1-D4C2-40B7-8E92-E9014B8C85A4.jpeg

D3E40CEF-F524-4597-9579-0493A21F0C97.jpeg

Jealous.

• Like 2

I got out with my buddy on Sunday to enjoy the great weather with no breeze.  The water was a little cooler due to the spring feeding it, but the air wasn't that far off from @granddaddy55's.

Side note to OEMs who make gauges:  it has always bugged the pudding out of me that gauges/displays *always* say, "Lake Temp" instead of "Water Temp."  Since my boat is almost never in a lake, but always in water when I use it, wouldn't that be a more appropriate label?  I mean, even Malibu tests on the Tennessee River.

15 minutes ago, justgary said:

I got out with my buddy on Sunday to enjoy the great weather with no breeze.  The water was a little cooler due to the spring feeding it, but the air wasn't that far off from @granddaddy55's.

Side note to OEMs who make gauges:  it has always bugged the pudding out of me that gauges/displays *always* say, "Lake Temp" instead of "Water Temp."  Since my boat is almost never in a lake, but always in water when I use it, wouldn't that be a more appropriate label?  I mean, even Malibu tests on the Tennessee River.

Guess they don't want to confuse people into thinking their engine is running at 80F.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Guess they don't want to confuse people into thinking their engine is running at 80F.

Maybe not, but it always confuses me about where I am, since I'm *sure* I didn't launch on a lake, but now I'm on one!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Woodski said:

Michigan weather - 43 air / 48 water / glass!  Best part no other boat traffic :-)

@UWSkier - which lake?  Powell, Saguaro, Pleasant?

Might be one of those or Bartlett or Canyon or Roosevelt... :)

Edited by UWSkier
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Certainly not the upper Midwest this year, forecast highs this for this week are the average lows this time of year..:rant:

I am at 28 now going down to 25. Showing 16 for a low Monday but warming Tuesday to 17 !

55 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Certainly not the upper Midwest this year, forecast highs this for this week are the average lows this time of year..:rant:

I know.  My mom (back in WI) calls me at least every two days to complain about how crappy the forecast looks.  Strange thing there is they still have most of their leaves on the trees (dead) but not fallen yet.  This after having to shovel for trick-or-treaters.  That's something I don't remember having to deal with in my 35+ years of living there.  Ever.

21 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I know.  My mom (back in WI) calls me at least every two days to complain about how crappy the forecast looks.  Strange thing there is they still have most of their leaves on the trees (dead) but not fallen yet.  This after having to shovel for trick-or-treaters.  That's something I don't remember having to deal with in my 35+ years of living there.  Ever.

Yep. Sucks. 13 yrs in SE Wi and this is earliest yet. Maybe this signals an early spring? 🙏

• Like 2

Stopped by the launch to check it out yesterday.  Looked awesome, but couldn't quite get motivated.  Unfortunately the forecast is looking windy. At least it will keep the lake from freezing.

dcFHoV7.jpg

Edited by powbmps
  • 3 weeks later...