Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite State

88Skier

I went to my local pro shop yesterday and am buying a new board. It is a Hyperlite State which is new this year. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what they thought about it. My 2nd choice is a Liquid Force Omega, but the State seems better as a step up board for teenagers. Any thoughts?

Another choice and less money is a Hyperlite Motive.

Can anybody point me to a site where they know something about wakeboards?

Try www.grizzly-sports.com I have bought a couple of boards, ropes, handles, etc. from them, customer service is very knowledgeable and you can not beat their prices.

I have the new Hyperlite State board, and I really like it. But, I am no pro so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Joe

www.wakeworld.com - click on the Boards link at the top. They allow for reviews of every board.

I'd stay away from asking an opinion in the discussion forum, likely to get about 100 responses telling you to get 100 different boards. Many from teenagers or younger who will bash every company that is not their favorite.

I second grizzly-sports.com

I don't know anything about the board, but make sure if you get one that its not from their bad batch. HL put out a batch of boards that the dye didn't cure properly and is bleeding blue on vinyl, mine included.

Greg

not from their bad batch. HL put out a batch of boards that the dye didn't cure properly and is bleeding blue on vinyl, mine included.

Greg

Thanks for reminding me of that. My Sporty's got all white interior.

It's tough trying to by something when you have no interest in using it.

Edited by 88Skier
I have the new Hyperlite State board, and I really like it.  But, I am no pro so take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

Joe

I just bought a hyperlite state, I have yet to use it. I hope its a good beginner board I'm just learning.