Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another rub rail replacement thread

So 2 years ago, this thread showed how a sunsetter was resurrected.   I now need to replace the rub rail on my '98 -  but calling Malibu and Creative extruded products - it doesn't appear that the old rubrail can be obtained, and I'll need to find a replacement.  As that thread indicates, this Taco rubrail is close, but the lower leg would probably need to be cut off.  https://tacomarine.com/rub-rail-vinyl-kits-v11-9795-kit

What success have others had in replacing rubrail?

Thanks @eagleboy99 -  I've got samples coming from Tessilmare/Mate USA.  We'll see how that looks, but judging by the ease of installation, it might be a winner.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We'll, I actually sold the boat before I replaced it, but my plan was to go with the taco marine and trim to "longer" leg off so it lays flat

..if  you catch my drift

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread, I am looking to replace the rub rail on my 1997 Tantrum.  The factory rub rail is flat as described in this thread, does anyone know the best replacement shape and manufacturer?   Looks like all the Taco Marine parts have the "leg", I was hoping to find something that I don't have to modify.

8 minutes ago, solorex said:

Bumping this thread, I am looking to replace the rub rail on my 1997 Tantrum.  The factory rub rail is flat as described in this thread, does anyone know the best replacement shape and manufacturer?   Looks like all the Taco Marine parts have the "leg", I was hoping to find something that I don't have to modify.

You can get one from your/ a Malibu dealer, at least in the states we can. I know I posted the part number on a few of the rub rail threads. I'll see if I can find it again.

The part number was actually in the thread linked in the first post of this thread. I think I paid $500 or so a few years ago for mine.

Base PN: 5050101

Insert PN: 5050111

52 minutes ago, solorex said:

@BlindSquirrel thanks... i should have looked at that sunsetter thread link!  I am a little scared to ask a Malibu dealer up here in Canada, I bet the markup will be insane, but worth a shot.

No problem. If the mark up is crazy, I'm happy to see if I can get it cheaper for you and send it. The killer might be the postage. Since the rail comes as a roll, the box was pretty big, like a meter by a meter. 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, BlindSquirrel said:

No problem. If the mark up is crazy, I'm happy to see if I can get it cheaper for you and send it. The killer might be the postage. Since the rail comes as a roll, the box was pretty big, like a meter by a meter. 

Hey thanks!  Really appreciate it!  I'll let you know.... but yeah shipping across the line with a package that big could be $$.

• Like 1