Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raptor 410/450 oil change intervals

What is everyone doing for oil change intervals on there Raptor? I am running full synthetic, according to Indmar they are calling for 75hr intervals.  For some reason I cant wrap my head around 75 hr changes being acceptable, I keep doing 50 hr changes.  What are dealers recommending running full synthetic?  Am I waistng time and money doing 50 hr changes?

Edited by Fman
32 minutes ago, Fman said:

What is everyone doing for oil change intervals on there Raptor? I am running full synthetic, according to Indmar they are calling for 75hr intervals.  For some reason I cant wrap my head around 75 hr changes being acceptable, I keep doing 50 hr changes.  What are dealers recommending running full synthetic?  Am I waistng time and money doing 50 hr changes?

I would say If the boat is run everyday, you could go even 100 or so hrs. But moisture from sitting for days or weeks is the enemy,  especially like here in south Mississippi where humidity likes to stay around 80%,  I stick with 50hrs. 

I have been changin every 40-50 and my oil looks great, just slightly tinted black.  I’m up 450 flawless hours so I’m going to stay at the 50 intervals!

I had a 2017 with a Raptor 410, and they were then recommending 35 hour oil changes, especially if you were surfing  a lot.  I changed mine every time at 35 hours, but on the M6Di motor, it still recommends 50, so that is what I go with now. 

9 hours ago, McMiller said:

I have been changin every 40-50 and my oil looks great, just slightly tinted black.  I’m up 450 flawless hours so I’m going to stay at the 50 intervals!

Other than engine oil/impeller changes what other maintenance have you done on your Raptor with 450 hours.  I am at 215 right now, was not anticipating doing anything else until 350 hours.

Trav,

i was just contemplating this as well and here is where I’m at.

last 2 boats had the 350 and I was changing at the 50 hr mark. Oil was always  on the dark side. 

I changed the oil in the 25 towards the end of last season and have put 46 hrs on it since.  So I get out my gear to change the oil and pop the dipstick and I get a gorgeous golden yellow color. 

So im gonna push to the 65 hr mark on this one.

BEA73221-B3C4-4C9A-AFA4-9E0BD86E3C9E.jpeg

Just now, Stevo said:

Trav,

last 2 boats had the 350 and I was changing at the 50 hr mark. Oil was always  on the dark side. 

I changed the oil in the 25 towards the end of last season and have put 46 hrs on it since.  So I get out my gear to change the oil and pop the dipstick and I get a gorgeous golden yellow color. 

wow, that looks brand new!  my oil ALWAYS looks black AF by 50 hours.

I may be overly cautious, but the manual says 25 hrs for "severe use applications."  Surfing doesn't really meet the definition of severe that the manual describes, but it seems pretty severe to me!  Also, I'm pretty sure the boat gives me service interval warnings at 25 hours... So that's what I'm doing.  I certainly won't feel bad taking it to 35 if I need to for some reason, but it's cheap insurance (and easy now that I have the quick extract coupling from my other oil change thread!).

I'm not a 150 hour a year guy like some of you (more like 60) so one in the middle of the season and one at winterizing isn't too much to bear.

4 hours ago, Stevo said:

Trav,

Yea that looks clean....

What brand oil are you running? Are you running full synthetic? Or a syn blend?  A good friend of mine has the Raptor in his MB and he does every 75 hrs like the Indmar manual recommends.  He has over 375 hours on his engine with no issues.  My gut is telling me anything between 50-75 hrs is fine with full synthetic.  For peace of mind I am just going to stick to the 50hr changes.

FWIW,  I just got back this email directly from a tech at Indmar asking about using Castrol 5w30 synthetic oil and change intervals.

"The Castrol is just fine. We recommend changing every 75 hours or annually whichever comes first."