Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 Surfers 1 wave no rope and 2020 IG promo vid

weekender

how did they get 2 surfers on 1 wave no rope in the promo vid malibu posted on ig for the 2020 model boats?

I have tried this before and usually the person in front surfing creates too much spray in the wave to allow the person behind to also stand or pump in the pocket without getting washed/pushed too far behind.

Anyone else have success no rope?

but its a video!

Albeit the farther back surfer does seem to really be focusing on staying in the pocket, and they use a 8 year old kid on the wave as the closer surfer

It's also on page #22 of the 2019 catalog (the 24 MXZ page) and if that's an 8 year old kid then I need to have my eyes checked. It looks like the still were taken from the same set as the video on the 24 MXZ page (2:17 in the video) https://www.malibuboats.com/boat/wakesetter-24mxz

Vimeo direct URL (start at ~2:15) 

Short answer to the OPs question: it's possible, but not easy!

Edited by mikeo

I've seen a big Centurion with surfers on both sides of the wake.  Not a big wake on either side but big enough to surf for several minutes.  Good surfers too.  Impressive.

ahopkins22LSV

The 2020 video is Stacia Bank (pro surfer) and her son (soon to be pro I assume). The one that @mikeo just posted is Jordan Wolfe and Stacia Bank, both pro surfers.

You can do it if you have two good surfers, we have. Start with two ropes and toss them over the wave as you feel ready. You are going to have to really surf in the back and be on the brake in the front. It was cool, for a minute, but we haven't done it since.

10 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

The 2020 video is Stacia Bank (pro surfer) and her son (soon to be pro I assume). The one that @mikeo just posted is Jordan Wolfe and Stacia Bank, both pro surfers.

You can do it if you have two good surfers, we have. Start with two ropes and toss them over the wave as you feel ready. You are going to have to really surf in the back and be on the brake in the front. It was cool, for a minute, but we haven't done it since.

I saw a vid on IG of two girls in Taiwan riding like this.  The front one pearled and went down directly in front of her friend.  How she avoided getting brained, I have no idea as her friend went right over top of her.  This is probably one of those ideas that sounds cool right up until it's very uncool.

Yes, multiple times.. and friends have done it too... I will look for my proof! Or redo for the proof... ok for the first couple of times then boring...