Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats the deal on the PNP bags

Mattb422

Ordered new 2020 23lsv and dealer mentioned something about him suppling PNP bags. What size bags are available and am I purchasing the bags or they come as option for boat through my dealer instead or ordering from wakemakers and such? Slightly confused

they are dealer installed.  There are at least three different manufacturers (sumo, flyhigh, and wakemakers).  There are different sizes and configurations from each manufacturer.  

You are correct to be confused.  You should ask your dealer which bags, specifically, will be installed.

6 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

they are dealer installed.  There are at least three different manufacturers (sumo, flyhigh, and wakemakers).  There are different sizes and configurations from each manufacturer.  

You are correct to be confused.  You should ask your dealer which bags, specifically, will be installed.

Am I paying for the bags? or are they included with the PNP option ordered

Edited by Mattb422
more info
1 minute ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Depends on the dealer for if you are paying for the bags. Why don't you ask them?

I would like to know the dealer is making even more money of us when they are suppose to be included, because then I have something I can rant to him about 

Bags do not come from the factory, so unless the dealer is eating the cost you would be charged for them.

PnP on the boat order from the factory just means it has the plumbing installed for bags.

1 minute ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Bags do not come from the factory, so unless the dealer is eating the cost you would be charged for them.

PnP on the boat order from the factory just means it has the plumbing installed for bags.

Yes I understand the PNP plumbing from factory not the bags,  but kept hearing about dealer installed bags.

2 minutes ago, Mattb422 said:

Yes I understand the PNP plumbing from factory not the bags,  but kept hearing about dealer installed bags.

Reference the 1st line.

Unless the dealer is eating the cost of the bags you would be charged for them. Some dealers cover them, some dealers do not.

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

What he said.

Whether or not the bags are included depends on whatever you worked out in your sales deal. When I bought my axis, I paid for the bags. No biggie

PNP bags go in the rear storage lockers and add an additional 570ish pounds per side of weight on top of the factory hard tanks. Almost all dealers quote/include them once the boat is delivered. All of the surf wakes you see on this site include PNP bags. If you are expecting the wakes you see in pictures and videos...you want the bags.

Regardless of your deal, which the dealer should be happy to clarify, assume some positive intent too. Good dealers have a way of making "those" customers go away, or at least making them more profitable customers, if their people will have to deal with rants for normal transactions.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, AussieSkier said:

How much detail did they give you on the new2020  23, other than the revised dash layout any changes?

None really, I knew about motors and only found out about the dash layout couple weeks ago but was told nothing else really changed

Edited by Mattb422
Info
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, NWBU said:

Regardless of your deal, which the dealer should be happy to clarify, assume some positive intent too. Good dealers have a way of making "those" customers go away, or at least making them more profitable customers, if their people will have to deal with rants for normal transactions.

Ha no I like my dealer I just like giving him a hard time(in a fun way) and he knows it, he has setup us up with 2 great deals so far 

2 hours ago, rsutton1223 said:

PNP bags go in the rear storage lockers and add an additional 570ish pounds per side of weight on top of the factory hard tanks. Almost all dealers quote/include them once the boat is delivered. All of the surf wakes you see on this site include PNP bags. If you are expecting the wakes you see in pictures and videos...you want the bags.

I fully understand how it all works had a 22vlx I setup up for surf, was just trying to figure out if dealer is just going to throw any bag in there or do I have a choice and pay for bigger bags and such.

10 hours ago, Mattb422 said:

I fully understand how it all works had a 22vlx I setup up for surf, was just trying to figure out if dealer is just going to throw any bag in there or do I have a choice and pay for bigger bags and such.

You should have that choice but there really aren't many options. All of the aftermarket PNP bags are basically the same weight because they are made to fill the lockers. I do know that mine are self venting when a friend of mine doesn't have that if you are looking at options.

ahopkins22LSV
14 hours ago, Mattb422 said:

I would like to know the dealer is making even more money of us when they are suppose to be included, because then I have something I can rant to him about 

None of us can answer that... some dealers charge for them, some dealers include them. Ask your dealer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, Mattb422 said:

Ordered new 2020 23lsv and dealer mentioned something about him suppling PNP bags. What size bags are available and am I purchasing the bags or they come as option for boat through my dealer instead or ordering from wakemakers and such? Slightly confused

Never bought new but I’m 99% sure that it’s an upgrade.  It may be that they are including it for free as a bonus.  I would argue they should be standard equipment by now but iirc on the paperwork for my 2014 it was added for around $600.  I would bet that if it’s not included in the sticker price that it’s likely an upsale by the dealer.  In their defense, I’m sure they put enough of those piggy back kits on that they just assume you want them and don’t want to bring your boat back or figure it out on your own.  At least that’s the angle I would take instead of accusing them of trying to steal money from you.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, Mattb422 said:

Am I paying for the bags? or are they included with the PNP option ordered

Unless he’s giving them to you in your dealer prep fee you could negotiate or they are a smoking deal ,I wouldn’t get it from them unless you don’t want to install them 

I made mistakes with hose lengths that I ended Up correcting when replacing bags that my incorrect installation caused this damage, this should be avoided by the dealer install  

I found my dealer was charging about the same for the PNP bags on my boat as I could buy them from Wakemakers.  Figured let them install them as I wanted them anyway.  

You actually can order them (meaning it is an item you can check in the ordering system) with your boat under the "Dealer installed options" section which is the Fly hi 550 bags for $1550 MSRP... but I really hope no one checks that box.