Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Boards - Which is Your Favorite?

Mattyb

I demoed a Phase 5 Trident this last weekend and called this morning to complete the purchase.  For the heavier guys, this board is a great hybrid option.  Now I need to start working on my 360.

6 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

I demoed a Phase 5 Trident this last weekend and called this morning to complete the purchase.  For the heavier guys, this board is a great hybrid option.  Now I need to start working on my 360.

The trident is my go-to teaching board for new people on my boat. Not to say that is a beginner board because I find it fun to ride as well! But is a great hybrid and has been a very successful board in my repertoire of 8-9 boards.

15 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

I have ridden 3 Phase 5 boards and have loved everyone of them.  Get yourself a 1" Tail skim fin.  https://phase5boards.com/products/1-inch-fin  I have the Model X board and had been riding it with the single 2" fin that came with it and working on my 360's.  I just bought the 1" fin and it makes the board spin so much easier.  Try riding it without any of the fins.  That is a whole new experience to.

7 hours ago, Hemmy said:

I have ridden 3 Phase 5 boards and have loved everyone of them.  Get yourself a 1" Tail skim fin.  https://phase5boards.com/products/1-inch-fin  I have the Model X board and had been riding it with the single 2" fin that came with it and working on my 360's.  I just bought the 1" fin and it makes the board spin so much easier.  Try riding it without any of the fins.  That is a whole new experience to.

Thanks, I will give that a try.  

I have yet to find a board that works better for me than the current Factor PCX shape from Victoria. I feel completely comfortable on it and it does everything I want. And I have still never broken one. 

but obviously “favorite board” is a personal opinion. It all depends on how you ride, your size, and some intangibles 

Ended up pulling the trigger on a Soulcraft Secret Weapon. Ride it for the first time last night and 100% agree that a board made by a company focused on just wakesurfing makes a big difference. 

Its a ripping board, allows me to use much more of the wake.  It was a short ride,  but I can tell that with some time on it this will be a fun board. 

• Like 3

I was on a phase 5 model x and pulled the trigger on a doomswell nub and got a pair of future fins and man i couldnt be happier. Super fun and playful board and i dont think ill be riding my model X anymore even though it was a fun board also.

• 1 year later...
On 7/31/2019 at 7:52 PM, wakemitch said:

I have yet to find a board that works better for me than the current Factor PCX shape from Victoria. I feel completely comfortable on it and it does everything I want. And I have still never broken one. 

but obviously “favorite board” is a personal opinion. It all depends on how you ride, your size, and some intangibles 

@wakemitch

Bought a Factor PCX from you several years ago (2013 model).  What is the difference between the new shape vs the old (ride, stability, etc)?

Edited by jwl019
On 7/29/2019 at 1:13 AM, 1107 said:

Anyone ride a Lib Tech board? I was looking at the Air'n Wake.

I just ordered on but can't test it till spring as thereat is winterized :(

• 1 month later...

I went from a Hyperlite Broadcast to a Doomswell Neo after my 1st year surfing. It was like going from a Harbor Bus to a Ferrari. Super fun, light, responsive and fast. Got a set of Futures F4 Blackstix for Christmas and look forward to really unleashing the board’s potential with those fins next season.